Search the forum,

Discuss HELP Hot water in bathroom becomes a drizzle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

suzy1963

Hi im new to this and really need help. We have a baxi boiler which must be around 25 years old, ive lived in my house for 20 years and the boiler was in then. A few months ago the hot water in the bathroom went from having a brilliant pressure to becoming a drizzle after a very short time, the water is hot its the pressure.
When my husband has rang anybody who does Baxi boilers they dont turn up or wont touch it because of the age. Can anybody Help.

hi, you have a blockage somewhere from the cold water store in the loft through the pipe to your hot water cylinder cold feed pipe entering from the bottom of the cylinder.
perhaps some polysyrene that has dislodged in the c/w tank or sludge at the bottom entry to the cylinder.

or it could be as simple as an airlock,if you want to save yourself money , buy a wet and dry vac, whack it on the tap and it will clear the blockage, sorted

Ta for that my husband will try these suggestions and ile let uyou know what happens. xx

Before you call someone out, if the problem is just with the shower, check the strainers on the shower mixer as they may have got clogged if not cleaned recently.

Last edited:
hi, you have a blockage somewhere from the cold water store in the loft through the pipe to your hot water cylinder cold feed pipe entering from the bottom of the cylinder.
perhaps some polysyrene that has dislodged in the c/w tank or sludge at the bottom entry to the cylinder.
Would it cost alot to get someone out to do this? just unsure who to get out as well

Would it cost alot to get someone out to do this? just unsure who to get out as well

go with redsaws advice its not the boiler,its the hot water cylinder/tank you need to get someone in by the way your talking "no one will work on this boiler due to its age" it does need servicing yearly for your safety suggests its not been looked at for a while i would strongly advise you get it checked as well i dont know why the trade wont look at your boiler its a very simple bit of kit it may be because the case seals cant be bought but these are normally in good nick anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
if this is your shower had similar problem found the inner rubber on shower flexible pipe would collapse when it got hot when replaced problem solved, do also agree your boiler due a service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HELP Hot water in bathroom becomes a drizzle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if you could help me. The overflow pipe drips intermittently from the large cold water storage tank in the loft. Not the small F and E tank. The ball valve has been checked and is working ok. The vent pipe from the hot water cylinder is not venting any water into the tank, and the...
Replies
Views
Just looking for some advice, I have just fitted a new kitchen sink and both water pressures are the same in hot and cold on the mixer tap, both connected to tap flexies with shut off valves, however when hot is turned on it is not turning on the hot water for the boiler, previous sink had...
Replies
Views
N
Hi, I’m new to the forum and would really appreciate some advice on this problem I have with my bathroom cold water pressure. We recently moved to this one bedroom flat and our hot water comes from a communal boiler in the basement. In the kitchen the water pressure is good for both hot and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock