Search the forum,

Discuss Low cold water pressure only in bathroom in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

N

Newbee001

Hi, I’m new to the forum and would really appreciate some advice on this problem I have with my bathroom cold water pressure.

We recently moved to this one bedroom flat and our hot water comes from a communal boiler in the basement. In the kitchen the water pressure is good for both hot and cold water. However in the bathroom only the hot water is normal, the cold water pressure is very low, and it’s everywhere in the bathroom (cistern, sink, shower and bidet). The shower water is so hot that I can’t even take a comfortable shower. The sink has a mixer tap and if I switch it to the coldest setting, only a very small flow of water comes out (thinner than a pencil) but as soon as I turn it to the other side, water flow becomes warm and strong.

I know the flat was empty for about two years before we bought it. Not sure if this has anything to do with it? I asked a couple of neighbours in the building and they don’t have the same problem at all. One neighbour told me that the stopcock is behind a panel which is just over the toilet cistern and I’d need to cut around it to access the stopcock. I wondered if something is blocked there so every point in the bathroom has low cold water pressure?

I doubt it’s pressure and more of a flow issue. Yes, there could be a stopcock not fully open, which would describe your symptoms. Check for isolation valves first, making sure if fitted, they’re fully open.

Reply to Low cold water pressure only in bathroom in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock