Discuss Hello all in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soulsad

Well my introduction is very basic.
I'm a female cash-strapped lecturer in FE and have been having problems with British Gas and the boiler they installed about 6 years ago.

I live in a top floor flat on the 5th floor in a block of 26 flats. When my old system boiler gave in, BG recommended a combi boiler. They checked the water flow of the hot water tap and said it wasn't ideal but passed the minimum pressure for a combi.

They installed a Worcester 28 CDI (room-sealed) along with a Triton 150 shower in the bathroom. The problem is that over the years the water pressure has got worse, so that I can no longer have a shower, the hot water flow has decreased dramatically in the kitchen and bathroom taps so that I can't even have a bath in a hurry!

BG say they can do nothing about the drop in water pressure, but recommended a 'sonic clean' and 'hydroflow' device fitted. Well, it hasn't made an ounce of difference!

I contacted Thames Water and the local council about the water pressure. TW meet the minimum requirements for the pressure and the local council visited my property and said that I should NEVER HAVE HAD A COMBI FITTED UP ON THE 5TH FLOOR! They don't advise combis above the 1st floor, because the water pressure is affected by the other flats using water at peak times.

Even using the hot water in the kitchen where the boiler is situated is slow and sometimes doesn't even 'fire-up' the boiler to heat the water.

I've been reading some of the posts here and seen the knowledgeable replies and was wondering if anyone can advise me on a solution to my problem.

The local council reckons I was mis-sold the boiler as they didn't check the pressure over a 24-hour period, and the fact that I had a pump attached to the cylinder on my old system boiler should have been enough to rule out a combi boiler.

Please help!

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Hello Soulsad, welcome aboard www.UKPlumbersForums.co.uk. Stick around, I'm sure you'll like the place. :)

do you actually know what your water preesure is from your mains? it would be very helpful

Not sure where you stand with a claim of beibng mis sold to 5 years ago

If you have the space, you could have a break tank fitted. And leave the mains water going to the kitchen tap for drinking water.

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. How do I find out what the water pressure is from the mains - is this from Thames Water or can I do it myself?

Secondly, what is a break tank? If I have the space for one, what's the approx cost?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hello all in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock