Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Crap biasi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
Biasi parva h.e boiler not working right. C.H working but when the hot water tap is opened , no heat. The boiler fires up but nothing happens. Whats wrong . I think its the diverter valve or the diaphram inside it but somone else said it could be the heat exchanger. How could i test it and how much are these parts. Maybe scrapage scheme would be better. will this boiler qualify

Biasi parva h.e boiler not working right. C.H working but when the hot water tap is opened , no heat. The boiler fires up but nothing happens. Whats wrong . I think its the diverter valve or the diaphram inside it but somone else said it could be the heat exchanger. How could i test it and how much are these parts. Maybe scrapage scheme would be better. will this boiler qualify

if you turn tap on and burner comes on and hot water only tepid the divertor is stuck on heating mode,requires servicing
Srappage scheme?,think you will have to wait about 3o years for this boiler to qualify:( by which time your boiler in reality will be long ago scrapped ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers mate, The water is freezing though. Not tepid, You think the diverter valve needs taking out and cleaning or diaphrams replacing.

Cheers mate, The water is freezing though. Not tepid, You think the diverter valve needs taking out and cleaning or diaphrams replacing.

take the diaphram out and look at it, if its damged replace that first, cheapest part and all that, if its not that it'll be the diverter valve.

take the diaphram out and look at it, if its damged replace that first, cheapest part and all that, if its not that it'll be the diverter valve.
Nice one mate, Thanks for your help, Il try that and post back.

Easiest way to check is run the boiler in heating mode on low temp to get any heat out of the boiler. Once this is done turn the hot water to max and run the tap. Put your hand carefully (as it may be hot) onto the flow pipe (usually the 22mm pipe under the boiler) and if it gets warm you know the valve is passing.

if you turn tap on and burner comes on and hot water only tepid the divertor is stuck on heating mode,requires servicing
Srappage scheme?,think you will have to wait about 3o years for this boiler to qualify:( by which time your boiler in reality will be long ago scrapped ;)
how will a service cure that?

He's talking about servicing the divertor valve, i.e replacing the diaphragm if damaged or seeing if the pin is sticking.
Servicing the boiler won't help you much.

He's talking about servicing the divertor valve, i.e replacing the diaphragm if damaged or seeing if the pin is sticking.
Servicing the boiler won't help you much.

Right, Ive not been back to see the boiler yet but on my travels i have stopped by parts center and asked for a diaphram for the diverter valve in a biasi boiler. The guy told me that the DHW does not use a diaphram but a flow switch instead. What do you think? To me this could be possible that the flow switch is sticking, but from what i can remember, when you open the hot tap the boiler fires up which doesn't make sense.

You say in your first post,that when you turn tap on the boiler comes on therefore flow switch ok,does boiler light,if so probable divertor stuck,when tap on,if burner lights does heating flow pipe,nearest rad get hot ?

You say in your first post,that when you turn tap on the boiler comes on therefore flow switch ok,does boiler light,if so probable divertor stuck,when tap on,if burner lights does heating flow pipe,nearest rad get hot ?
The heating works no problem, its just when i turn the hot tap on, the boiler fires up and the water comes out the tap cold, I have bought a flow switch today because i though that it could be sticking and not activating the hot water. Can i repair the diverter valve or will i have to buy a new one? Is it just a case of stripping it down and greasing up the inside?

easy one to prove this fault,this boiler has a flow group and motor.when you run the hot water CAREFULLY touch the flow pipe [lh side]and make sure the heating hasent been on for a while if the flow is hot the boiler is ;dumping down; a technical term for a knackered diverter valve if its been like this for a while you will have warped the insides and a refurb kit wont help,also the bush under the motor may have burst knackering that as well also apart from normal wear and tear a blocked plate heat exchanger will cause dumping down my money would be on the diverter being knackerd ariston and lots of others use the same one and yes they are crap but a dirty system does most damage

Cheers pal, So let me recap. Turn the boiler to domestic hot water. Run the hot tap. And check if the Central Heating Flow pipe gets hot. If it is getting hot that means the boiler is "Dumping Down" ? Is this because basically the water that is being heated up for the hot water is being pushed back through the Diverter valve and into the Flow pipe? Im gonna buy a whole new Diverter valve then

spot on,also check the base of the motor to see if its wet if it is thats dead as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Crap biasi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I recently had an extension, new bathroom and new en-suite fitted. Prior to the works the hot water worked. Now we have moved...
Replies
Views
Hello ! I have recently moved into a new house – or rather a 1960s built house. The central heating system looks to be around 10-12 years old...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm not a plumber, but I'm having an issue which keeps re-occurring and the engineers coming out to us do not seem to know why. So...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I'm new to this forum and need some advice about some concerns about a new gas boiler that I have had fitted by a gas safe engineer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock