Discuss cost of system boilers !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Puddle

Can someone explain to me why system boilers are so expensive, need low output units next week for some small flats and prices are a joke, may as well buy combi's and not use hot side
That’s probably why so many better cylinder systems are disappearing ,as you think if using a cheaper combi version boiler ,might as well rip out tanks and cylinder, even though hot water supply better, but as rentals, less to go wrong and hot water will do !
In many makes the combi version is less yet has more in it !! :(

imho

rant.gif

I,ve been to a few properties where a combi is used as a system boiler with the hw side just doing the kitchen sink , couldn,t work out why untill you compare prices:confused:

i have found that, theres a big difference in price between the performa combi and performa system

Can someone explain to me why system boilers are so expensive, need low output units next week for some small flats and prices are a joke, may as well buy combi's and not use hot side
That’s probably why so many better cylinder systems are disappearing ,as you think if using a cheaper combi version boiler ,might as well rip out tanks and cylinder, even though hot water supply better, but as rentals, less to go wrong and hot water will do !
In many makes the combi version is less yet has more in it !! :(

imho

rant.gif
combis tend to be where the price wars a waged so they have to recoup profits from systems and open vent models i often use a combi and run either the shower or kitchen of the hot water side or just dont connect it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cost of system boilers !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi, I have a hot water cylinder which feeds 3 outlets (kitchen sink, basin in bathroom & bathtap) which has never had very good pressure (probably...
Replies
Views
L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
We need an urgent advice, we have a gravity water system and we are in a middle of loft conversion. We are adding an en-suit in loft and prefer to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock