Search the forum,

Discuss Urgent advice - Replacing gravity water system in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

We need an urgent advice, we have a gravity water system and we are in a middle of loft conversion. We are adding an en-suit in loft and prefer to have a good water pressure there.

What we want, is to either be able to run multiple showers at once, or if one person is having a shower, other people can run taps/use water within the home. But we are not sure if it is achievable due to limitations. At the moment we can only use the water for one thing in the home, which is making it very difficult on our growing family.
The water supply from the main is shared so there is no option to replace the water pipes. Here are the readings;

Static Flow: 16-18 l/m (using garden tap)
Dynamic Flow: 1 l/m

Static Pressure: 2 to 2.3 bar (using garden tap)
Dynamic Pressure: 1 bar (garden and toilet taps)

We had a discussion with different plumpers and they all had different opinions. Here are the options which we got from different plumpers for running multiple showers;

1- 35kw to 40kw combi boiler
2- 210L unvented cylinder with existing 18kw boiler
3- Unvented cylinder with DAB pump using existing boiler
4- Unvented cylinder with system boiler
5- Stick with the gravity system and include water pump ( hot water cylinder and pump will have to go in bedroom due to lack of space and we are worried about the pump noise). The water tank in loft will have separate mains and multple showers can be run at the same time.

We would really appreacite if someone can give us a professional advise here as we don't want to spend money on a system which is not going to work at the end.

Dab easy sys tank and pump, 210-250 unvented with hot water priority and a new boiler than is matched to the house eg heat loss ser carried out not point installing an 18kw boiler if your load is 10 or the other way 20 kw etc

Also bin the person who said option 1 and 5

Reply to Urgent advice - Replacing gravity water system in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the AUTO (adaptive mode) setting on this the new pump or which mode it is best set at (recently had our old 3-speed pump replaced with the above smart...
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn back and it repeats itself. had boiler checked and told it was the expansion vessel. Had the expansion vessel drained and recharged. plumber told me...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented indirect hot water system to improve pressure in the house. The previous cylinders are in the loft now they’re in the garage next to the boiler. We...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock