Search the forum,

Discuss Combi boiler- Power showers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jui

Hi guys,

I know this may have been covered previously but I would really appreciate any advice.

We currnly have a Glow Worm 38cxi combi boiler. We have 2 bathrooms in the house, oneupstairs and one downstairs, both have 8.5kw showers, and have poor power tosay the least. We are now a growing family and would like to carry out aupstairs extension, this would add 2 more bedrooms and en-suites for each. Forthe time being we are going to run a larger wire for the downstairs bathroom tohave a 10.8kw shower and change the upstairs shower to a thermostatic shower.This should help we are hoping with the power issues for the time being.

What I was wondering was if we were to carry out theextension could we add some type of tank system to the combi boiler so we canhave proper power showers? The boiler is currently downstairs and has spacearound it if we needed to add to it. I would definitely not like to change theboiler as it is relatively new and has not let us down yet touch wood.

Any advice from you guys would be much appreciated.

a decent gas registered heating engineer would be able to advise the solution. Don't speak to the builder about it. The boiler can be used to heat a cylinder even though it is a combi.

You can keep the boiler and use it to heat a cylinder, you'll need to run at least one hot tap direct from the combi though, if the boiler is in the kitchen may as well run the sink. If you do this though, make sure you have a pipe pre-fitted from new hot tank position to kitchen sink for the future time when the combi packs up and you go with a system boiler.

I've done this in my house as we have an unvented cylinder fed by a Vaillant combi (I'm too tight to buy a new system boiler when this one still works and I've got a garage full of spares!)

We are going through a kitchen renovation at the moment, what size pipe should we run to the sink in the kitchen? Do we just have the pipe running from the combi to the sink and have both ends capped in readiness for when we go for the tank system?

Really appreciate the advice.

15mm on the hot, the cold depends on whats its feeded and whats feeding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi boiler- Power showers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
I done a straight change from a thermostatic shower to a new mira atom shower,when I run the shower in an upstairs ensuite it runs hot for a few seconds then goes back luke warm,I have a combi boiler,any advice please??.
Replies
Views
PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to be lukewarm - so much so that no one even wants to bath as it never gets hot enough! Open to suggestions as to what it might be and if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Home owner looking for some advice pls. We have a megaflow system which we are considering removing as the tank takes up a lot of space and we don’t find we are using more than one shower or bath at a time. Our plan is to do this when the current boiler needs replacing (probably in the next...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock