Search the forum,

Discuss PLEASE HELP Hot Water Combi Boiler Advice in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED

Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot.

Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to be lukewarm - so much so that no one even wants to bath as it never gets hot enough!

Open to suggestions as to what it might be and if anyone can advise at all?

Interestingly I only turned the tap on slightly this morning and the water was hotter.

Is there a way to fix this so that tap can be turned fully and the water stays hot? Will take a while to run a bath like that!
Hi
This depends on the kW your combi boiler is. The higher the kW rating the more litres per minute it can deliver. I personally have a 34kw boiler as it fills a bath in no time, but a 24kw boiler takes forever.
Sounds as if your boiler cannot keep up with demand and that's why it's hotter when you run it slow.
Also remember that at the moment your boiler is trying to heat extremely cold water. Hope this helps A&I plumbing

Hi
This depends on the kW your combi boiler is. The higher the kW rating the more litres per minute it can deliver. I personally have a 34kw boiler as it fills a bath in no time, but a 24kw boiler takes forever.
Sounds as if your boiler cannot keep up with demand and that's why it's hotter when you run it slow.
Also remember that at the moment your boiler is trying to heat extremely cold water. Hope this helps A&I plumbing
Ps. Make sure the hot water dial on your combi is turned up full

Reply to PLEASE HELP Hot Water Combi Boiler Advice in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock