Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing an installed megaflow system with a combi-boiler when current boiler needs replacing in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Home owner looking for some advice pls. We have a megaflow system which we are considering removing as the tank takes up a lot of space and we don’t find we are using more than one shower or bath at a time.

Our plan is to do this when the current boiler needs replacing (probably in the next 12-18 months). My question is whether we can separate out the task of removing the megaflow tank et cetera from that of replacing the boiler.

Ideally we would just replace the boiler with a combi at a time to suit us and then remove the megaflow kit at some convenient point in the future. But is this approach actually feasible or does everything have to be done at the same time

Thank you for any insight.

How many bathrooms and any electric showers ?

A combi can be installed to run a megaflo without using the hot water side of the boiler.
So yes it could be done in two stages.
But really, why do it this way? It will be cheaper to get it all done at once.

Reply to Replacing an installed megaflow system with a combi-boiler when current boiler needs replacing in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock