Search the forum,

Discuss Mira Shower in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I done a straight change from a thermostatic shower to a new mira atom shower,when I run the shower in an upstairs ensuite it runs hot for a few seconds then goes back luke warm,I have a combi boiler,any advice please??.

Are you sure that the hot and cold inlet connections to the shower unit the correct way round?

If you run a hot tap while the shower is running 'luke warm', i.e. increase the flow rate at the boiler, does the shower start working correctly?

How much flow do you have (in litre per minute) from the shower in 'luke warm' mode?

What is the hot water temperature setting on the combi?

What make / model of combi do you have?

Are you sure that the hot and cold inlet connections to the shower unit the correct way round?

If you run a hot tap while the shower is running 'luke warm', i.e. increase the flow rate at the boiler, does the shower start working correctly?

How much flow do you have (in litre per minute) from the shower in 'luke warm' mode?

What is the hot water temperature setting on the combi?

What make / model of combi do you have?
Hot and cold defo right way round and no the shower actually goes colder if I run the hot tap,boiler is a Worcester 24cdi

Hot and cold defo right way round and no the shower actually goes colder if I run the hot tap,boiler is a Worcester 24cdi
Just an update,the shower is in an ensuite upstairs a wee bit away from the boiler,if I run the hot tap at the sink then put the shower on its very hot for about 15 seconds then goes lyke warm.

Fine, so it's probably not lack of flow that's the problem. What about the answers to my other questions:

How much flow do you have (in litre per minute) from the shower in 'luke warm' mode? (E.g. how long does it take to fill a jug, etc.?)

What is the domestic hot water temperature setting on the combi?

Fine, so it's probably not lack of flow that's the problem. What about the answers to my other questions:

How much flow do you have (in litre per minute) from the shower in 'luke warm' mode? (E.g. how long does it take to fill a jug, etc.?)

What is the domestic hot water temperature setting on the combi?
The hot water on the boiler was set to max so I have got the shower working but only at minimum flow,next question is how do I change the temp on cartridge can't seem to locate any videos and instructions are vague,thanks for your help so far.very much appreciated.

One last time:

I don't know how to measure this ??
Hold a jug (or a bucket or basin) under the shower head (so it collects all the water coming out). Note the volume of water collected in a timed interval, say 30s. Tell us the time and volume of water collected.

From memory, the Mira Atom is a mixer bar that comes with a range of options for the spray head(s). The hand-held sprayer delivers about 9 litre per minute, the big fixed "drench" can heads require several times this. Your boiler can supply hot water for a shower of about 11 litre per minute (cold supply @10°C, shower outlet at 40°C)

The solution to your problem is probably going to be to fit an 'eco' shower head. If you like 'Hollywood' style showers you'll need to install a (big) hot water cylinder.

I'm getting 3l p/m of hot water from boiler in basin next to shower and cold significantly higher,I've fitted an eco shower head which makes it barely usable,I'm going to get another shower,any recommendations of what to get ??

I'm getting 3l p/m of hot water from boiler in basin next to shower and cold significantly higher.
Not what I asked you to do, which was:

"Hold a jug (or a bucket or basin) under the shower head (so it collects all the water coming out). Note the volume of water collected in a timed interval, say 30s. Tell us the time and volume of water collected."

This should be when the shower is operating in the 'luke warm mode' you originally complained about.
I've fitted an eco shower head which makes it barely usable.
What do you mean by 'barely usable'? Too hot? Too cold? Not enough flow? How much flow?
I'm getting 3l p/m of hot water from boiler in basin next to shower and cold significantly higher
This wording suggests you are measuring the flow from the handbasin hot and cold taps not from the shower. Am I correct? If so what does "significantly higher" mean, i.e. litre per minute?
I'm going to get another shower,any recommendations of what to get ??
A replacement shower is not going to change the laws of physics. You need to establish the pressure (static and dynamic) and flow capacity of the supply to the mixer.

I'm beginning to wonder whether, in the process of changing from the old to the new shower mixer, you either closed a valve that has not been reopened properly (or caused some other partial blockage) or introduced an airlock.

I'd recommend that you get a plumber to take a look before spending more money on another mixer. In my experience Mira products are very reliable when correctly installed.

Do the basics.
Check for any partially closed valves, they could look open but be damaged so not fully open.
Check the inlet filters to the shower valve, pipework should be flushed before fitting a new valve but often isn’t.
Check for any debris in shower head.
Remove the shower head and then run the shower, how is flow rate/temperature then?

Reply to Mira Shower in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock