Discuss BG Emergency Plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sanke

Hi
Been to a job tonight Customer had called BG emergency as she had no CH downstairs Engineer arrived & decided pump needed replacing He managed to do this without turning the mains water off or shutting down the pump valves :confused: (I know this as after much searching she has no stopcock in the property & the pump valve has about an inch of limescale build up preventing anyone opening or closing it) However, he did have a bag of dirty water to show her He then advised powerflushing the system at a cost of nearly £700 didnt even bleed rads etc & left She still has original problem
Needless to say they will not be called back

Hi
Been to a job tonight Customer had called BG emergency as she had no CH downstairs Engineer arrived & decided pump needed replacing He managed to do this without turning the mains water off or shutting down the pump valves :confused: (I know this as after much searching she has no stopcock in the property & the pump valve has about an inch of limescale build up preventing anyone opening or closing it) However, he did have a bag of dirty water to show her He then advised powerflushing the system at a cost of nearly £700 didnt even bleed rads etc & left She still has original problem
Needless to say they will not be called back

They must be making a fortune from this scam,they tell the customer ,power flush required,take the money,then say may not work and if it does not ,tough tity
Had one a few weeks ago,all it was,was the three port valve syncron motor gone !!:eek:
They must be carrying black water around with them as the systems I have been called to after the customer kicked them out ,have been quite clean
And were are all these sludged up,highly corroded sytems coming from,since power flushing hit our shores it seems to be every other system :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
i have also had them back for one guy after they installed a boiler,i went and replaced a rad 6 months later and the water was stinking,all they did was fit a magna clean which aint gonna make a blind bit of difference if they dont bother to descale

Even if they were put on rogue traders it wouldn't help, people (in general) have short memories, they will always get business purely because they're BG and people go with the name. They feel they can trust it.

okay.. what if the customer refuses to pay for a powerflush? do you expect bg to walk away? say well your not getting a boiler ?

like it sanke, coming soon to all plumbers merchants,emergancy potatoe stop ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BG Emergency Plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First...
Replies
Views
M
Hi everyone. Really need some urgent advice on how to sort this and why this happened. Our normal plumber/gas engineer has been cleaning our...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hoping you can help me out. We had building work last summer and added a few radiators on both ground first floor. We also replaced our...
Replies
Views
We have a Glowworm BBU56F (back boiler). Its well-maintained/serviced and since we’ve been in the property (15 years) only the Thermocouple was...
Replies
Views
Back