Search the forum,

Discuss Vokera Linea 24 is noisy, how do i prevent it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

urkiburki

Hi,

As you can hear in the youtube video, linked further down, our boiler is very noisy and sounds like a fog horn when you flush the toilet. Is there anything we can do to prevent it or do we have to call for a plumber to fix it? Would be very grateful for answers since our experiences with boilers equals zero.

youtube.com/watch?v=SRVLn6fW3rA

Axel & flatmates

hi axel & flatmates welcome to the forums. i haven't looked at the youtube video but i would think that the fact that the noise occurs when you flush the toilet points to the toilet fill valve needing attention really.

Really appreciate your response everyone. Exchanging the ball valve seem to be a work for a plumber if I'm not mistaken. But what about to repressurise the boiler, is that easy to do on your own?

If you're getting a plumber in for the ballvalve, ask him/her to show you how to fill up your heating, he shouldn't charge you for that
There will be a filling loop under your boiler ( usually a silver braided hose with a valve either end)and a pressure guage on the boiler, you need to open the filling valve and raise the pressure to between 1 and 1.5 bar then turn the fill valve back off
Read the user instructions for more info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vokera Linea 24 is noisy, how do i prevent it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi just joined the forum. Looking forward to getting some experienced opinions here. Really quite desperate to get 2nd opinions etc.... We have a house built in 1934. Our water inlet pipe was changed to the blue plastic about 2 years ago. We had a disconnected water softer when we moved in and...
Replies
Views
S
boiler was working fine then came home and it had stopped. The pressure was very low (bottomed out) and had red light on. I have refilled the loop to around 1.25 bar and now when I turn the boiler back on, the green light is on but there is no heat either for the central heating or for the hot...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Hello, I am looking for some advice please to resolve problems with our central heating system. To give some info about our system: We have a 2 year old regular 100W WB1B Viessmann 19kW Regular Boiler in a downstairs cupboard with an Ariston 210L unvented cylinder and Grunfos Alpha 2L 15-60...
Replies
Views
L
Hey guys. I'm not a plumber, just a guy who's having some trouble with his boiler looking for some impartial advice before any money gets spent. Here's the story - A few days ago our boiler started acting up. We've never had a problem with hot water, but suddenly if you try to run a bath...
Replies
Views
R
Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone can help. I have a Potterton Performer 24 Eco HE boiler which works find for central heating or hot water from the taps. However, when we try to use the shower, the water pressure is painfully low! I have searched YouTube for videos for how to increase the...
Replies
Views
ricardocoopero
R
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock