Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Potterton Performer 24 Eco HE - Low shower pressure, help needed! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ricardocoopero

Hi there,

I'm wondering if anyone can help. I have a Potterton Performer 24 Eco HE boiler which works find for central heating or hot water from the taps. However, when we try to use the shower, the water pressure is painfully low! I have searched YouTube for videos for how to increase the pressure (it currently lies at around 0), but it seems that our plumbing is different to that of the ones in the videos.

Is anyone able to advise? I'd very much appreciate it before I have to potentially unnecessarily spend on hiring a plumber!

Here are two links to photos in my Dropbox Public folder - one of the settings/levels, and another showing the various pipes and layout. Hopefully they're of use.

[DLMURL]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39029584/IMG_1152.JPG[/DLMURL]
[DLMURL]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39029584/IMG_1171.JPG[/DLMURL]

Many thanks in advance.

Ricky

Last edited by a moderator:
Use the filling loop to top the pressure up to 1.0 bar. But then again there could be other issues as to why the pressure is sat at 0, which by the way has nothing to do with low pressure at the shower.

Up the pressure and see how you go, however, I think it will be necessary to spend money on a plumber. Make sure its a gas safe registered enginerr though as they will probably need to go into the boiler to repair.

But top up the pressure first and go from there.

First of looks like you have no pressure in your boiler top it up to about 1.5 bar . Second you might have a blocked filter in your shower try that . If that don't work post back on here I'm sure one of the members on here will be local to you to fix it but please don't go messing inside the boiler

First of looks like you have no pressure in your boiler top it up to about 1.5 bar . Second you might have a blocked filter in your shower try that . If that don't work post back on here I'm sure one of the members on here will be local to you to fix it but please don't go messing inside the boiler

Thanks very much for the responses - much appreciated.

I don't know how to top up the pressure as the pipe layout was different to the one on the videos I have looked at and was not able to increase the pressure by turning on/off the various valves. By looking at the picture, is anyone able to advise me on how to increase the pressure?

But yes... I think a call out will be on the cards! However I'd hate to waste both a plumber's time (and my money) if this is something I can easily do myself.

Many thanks.

New here but figured i'd try to give an input! Topping up the boiler pressure won't do anything for your shower but still needs to be done. The boiler itself wouldn't know if your using a tap or a shower, it comes on with a demand and that's all it knows. Chances are it's to do with the shower rather than the boiler!

Thanks very much for the responses - much appreciated.

I don't know how to top up the pressure as the pipe layout was different to the one on the videos I have looked at and was not able to increase the pressure by turning on/off the various valves. By looking at the picture, is anyone able to advise me on how to increase the pressure?

But yes... I think a call out will be on the cards! However I'd hate to waste both a plumber's time (and my money) if this is something I can easily do myself.

Many thanks.

The corrugated hose on the picture you provided is your filling loop. Attached on one side to the mains water and other on the return to the boiler. Normally there's a black handle you need to turn 90 degrees on either side to allow the water to go through.

From the picture It looks like you may need a flat blade screw driver. Look at either end of the hose where it's attached to the pipe and you should see a slot for a flat blade. Turn 90 degrees to allow water to pass through. Keep an eye on the pressure and then turn off. Make sure to turn it off properly or water will continue to pass through! Look at the position before you turn it.

Good luck.

Silver flexible pipe underneath boiler, on the left hand side there is an isolation valve that will need a flat headed screwdriver to turn it. At the moment the line on the valve will be across the pipe, turn it so that it is inline. Once the pressure gauge reads 1.0 to 1.5 then shut it back off.

Thanks for all your help. I refilled the boiler and cleaned the shower head and that did the trick.

Very much appreciate your advice guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Performer 24 Eco HE - Low shower pressure, help needed! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock