Discuss Trouble finding replacement inset sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I have a customer with an old white (and stained) Astralite kitchen sink and drainer inset into a black granite worktop on an island unit. They want to replace it with a ceramic or stainless sink and drainer but the cut out is only about 800mm x 460mm (with curved corners) and I can't seem to find anything that small. The customer wants to avoid having to get the cut out enlarged due to the dust created if cut in situ or the risk of breakage if the worktop is removed for cutting.

Any ideas on if I can get anything to fit that size, or maybe there's company that could make a custom sized sink possibly?

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks.

If it was cut with a hand misting spray being applied (like a pressurised garden sprayer) and the top kept wet would that not minimise the mess ?

I doubt very much you'll get exactly the same size,i always find i have to chop a bit here and there.Maybe best getting something very near and getting a stainless linen which don't scratch and stay new for years which should be the last sink for ages.possibly cutting the top with a 4.5 angle grinder with a water spray bottle,rarther you than me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Underslung sink? Franke make one thats maybe something to try, another one is getting the sink enamelled or painted, astralite - that's plastic init?

Keep looking mate and grinder versus granite - will you please post a video:D

Must admit angle grinding a granite top would be an entertaining but possibly rather over-long video.

I would get one of the stone companies to cut the granite for you as they are experienced in this.

White and coloured composite sinks are bad news. I don't think I've ever seen one which doesn't look manky. The only composite ones which look OK are the black ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trouble finding replacement inset sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Just had my 40mm laminate kitchen worktops replaced. The chippy cut the sink cut-out too tight for the clips, then left for another job. The...
Replies
Views
Kitchen are not my specialty first and foremost I have to replace a damaged stainless steel inset kitchen sink, single bowl standard type as I...
Replies
Views
B
I recently came across a worktop type I have never seen before. They are about 60mm thick but they are not solid. They are hollow core with...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
Power Docks are now the must have space saving device for kitchen worktops. Whether fitted as an aftermarket item or as part of a new kitchen...
Replies
Views
365drills
T
Sorry for the basic-ness of this question but I don;t know the answer and it's the only way to learn. The measurements for kitchen sinks is it...
Replies
Views
T
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock