Discuss Power Flushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all your replies - confirming what I thought. No I have not paid for the powerflush. The powerflush was the first part of the work to replace a gas boiler and hot water cylinder - and not a lot went right. I don't have time to list them all, but really obvious ones were inacessible hot water cylinder drain - so inacessible that I could not tell if one was fitted at the bottom back entry into the cylinder. Then there was the flue that sloped the wrong way causing dripping outside... the problem fixed by adjusting the plume to point upwards, needless to say this did not work!

There is also a problem with the controls behaving very strangely and inconsistently, like the boiler coming on when it was switched off and I turned the room stat down .... but it does not do this consistently. Also I have had the pump starting up when I turned the hot water stat down. I have had them to look at it and they seem convinced that its the diverter valve that they are going to replace.

The guy involved is on the gas safe register.

i would report him . show them the pictures and ask them to check it

The guy involved is on the gas safe register.

Must have only just scrapped by then.

Love the powerflush method, might have to try that one myself...:D

If that is how the powerflush was done, may as well not have bothered. It aint been flushed to BS:7593 and your boiler warranty will probably be null and void :(

Last edited by a moderator:
gas-safe are very good if you ring them they will come and check it for you for free .:)

Any of you responded to my questionnaire/poll in the Gas Safe section of the forum?

I'm not an expert in this field, but I agree with the pump or pump tails connection method, anything other than this will short circuit the flow of flushing agent and leave most of the system still full of sludge.

Yeh best to take out pump & connect there, flush hot, cold, reverse it, rubber mallet cold spots on rads, clean out F&E, re do "h" section, I can say it's always been days work for me standard sized house

Never seen anything like that connection. Terrible. I allow a day also for a proper flush and must do five miles running around the house!

Last power flush I did took me from 9:30 am to 6pm, it had 25 radiators and I isolated each one and used a rubber mallet to clear through. Also used a water gauge to check the drain water was within 10 percent of the incoming. I connected to the pump flanges also image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power Flushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock