Search the forum,

Discuss PLEASE HELP! My RAK corner toilet is constantly running! It's like Niagara Falls!! =( in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

milkmaid1510

Hello -

I have a RAK corner toilet and have had it for about 5 years or so. It was OK until about 2 months ago and now it won't stop running!

At first it was just running a little bit but now it's gone mad and it's like Niagara Falls! My husband has looked at it and says that it's not like a standard ball float valve thingy (!! sorry but don't quite have the correct jargon...!). Instead, it has a hydraulic/pressure valve thing that should close once the water is at a certain level, but it doesn't. It just keeps on going like the Duracell battery.

I'm getting a bit worried though about our water bill, so I thought I would try and post a message here amongst the experts and hope that someone familiar with RAK corner toilets will get back to me.

My husband also thinks that perhaps the pressure is too much for the toilet, as they have done some road works outside that may have affected it..?!? Donno...

Please can someone help? Desperately wishing for a quiet toilet once more.

Thanks!

Re: PLEASE HELP! My RAK corner toilet is constantly running! It's like Niagara Falls!

Listening to husbands usually gets most women a flooded house. Turn off the isolation valve and call a plumber to fix it , I have done countless numbers of these corner ones and they can be a nightmare can you lift up the inlet valve ? if so does the water stop running? is it filling up the cistern at all ? is it coming down the integral overflow or is it a broken drop valve . if it is it will need to be swapped , if the water stops when you force the valve shut then you need a new compact inlet valve , a siamp is likely to fit though with these corner ones you usually need a like for like swap , can you post a pic(of the inside of the cistern)push one button down and lift the other button out this then screws out. and i will try and find one for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: PLEASE HELP! My RAK corner toilet is constantly running! It's like Niagara Falls!

Thanks much for your quick response!

I don't unfortunately fully understand much of what you wrote above, i.e. I don't know what an inlet valve is, but I am guessing it's the thing that is faulty, since I don't believe it's the drop valve (which is the one that works like a plug, right? sorry... really am very amateurish about this!). However, as suggested, I have taken a picture of the inside of the cistern. Please see attached.

Looking at the picture, it's "the white arm" that is part of the blue thing on the left of the picture that won't seal properly we think. The "end of the arm" that is on top of the white round piece, covers a small hole that has water spurting out of it. When the water rises, the "white arm" doesn't engage properly to stop the water, and hence the cistern fills and the water just goes into the overflow tube. Does any of this make sense? I do hope so...

Many thanks again!

Sorry.. here is the picture again... P1030266.jpg

just get a plumber?

john is right, if you lift the blue bit up manually does it stop the water from flowing? in any event the whole unit on the left is the 'inlet valve' and it is a straightforward replacement that is required. a siamp bottem inlet valve available from toolstation with free delivery should fit ok. if in any doubt about how to carry out the replacement ....get a local plumber in1

KJ

Thanks so much. I've contacted a plumber and will let them know they need to replace the inlet valve.

Thank you everyone for your help!

Here's hoping for a quieter toilet soooon!

Until seeing that picture I didn't even know a corner toilet existed. I'm glad I was able to get over the shock in private.

Wish all my customers' WCs were that clean ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to PLEASE HELP! My RAK corner toilet is constantly running! It's like Niagara Falls!! =( in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock