Discuss No water coming from hot tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cardiganuk

Hi Group,

I have just fitted a new bathroom including changing the radiator to a towel rail. During this period the water has been turned on and off several times and the system drained. Now finished and everything is working except that no water (hot or cold) is coming out of the hot waters taps. We have a combi boiler and the central heating is working fine. Any advice much appreciated.

Mike

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Hello cardiganuk, welcome aboard www.UKPlumbersForums.co.uk. Stick around, I'm sure you'll like the place. :)

check for air locks in your hw supp[y and apply normal clearance methods.

Hi again,

A couple more clues.

It's a Ferrolli combi boiler. When I said there's no water coming out of the hot tap that wasn't exactly correct. What happens is . . . . close the tap, wait a minute, open the tap and a trickle of water comes out then stops. Repeat and same thing happens i.e. some water is getting into the hot pipe somehow but only a cup full at a time.

How do I check the air locks, where are the air locks.

Am I right in presuming that it's not a fault in the boiler because the boiler would allow water to flow even if it had a fault stopping it heating the water.

P.S. I am not a plumber but a well practiced and competent DIYer who likes to do stuff but sometimes comes across a new problem.

You wont have an air lock from your combi. Is it all hot taps with no water or just the new bathroom hot taps? (Do you have water at kitchen sink) Is the cold water supply at boiler on? (look for where cold water enters combi and check any valve is on).

You wont have an air lock from your combi. Is it all hot taps with no water or just the new bathroom hot taps? (Do you have water at kitchen sink) Is the cold water supply at boiler on? (look for where cold water enters combi and check any valve is on).

Hi, It's all hot taps in the house and it's not . . no HOT water from them it's NO water hot or cold. The cold water supply to the boiler IS one and cold water comes out of the taps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loosen nut on cold supply to boiler (careful not to take it all the way out unless youve turned the water off) if there is water there, try loosening the nut on the hot water outlet, is there water there? If so there must be an isolation valve left turned off somewhere or a problem with your pipework. If no water coming out of hot side of boiler but you have water going in, then sounds like a problem with boiler.

Hi,

Thank you all for the helpful advice. I will look for and do all that you advise.

The mistery is that water was coming out of thew hot taps a few days ago and nothing has been done other than turning off the water at the rising main and darining the system which I have done a few times whilst fitting pipework in the bathroom,

Thanks

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No water coming from hot tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back