Discuss New System - Underfloor Heating on Ground Floor and Rads on First in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nad000

Hi
need a bit of advice, i have just renovated a house and had a brand new system installed, ground floor is 7 port, 3 zone underfloor heating (pipes in screed) and first floor radiators, Boiler is a Ferroli Optimax 30, and tank is unvented Santon 210, first floor, ground floor heating and water are seperated by a 3 channel programmer, on a very cold day when i run the ground floor underfloor heating and i run the upstairs radiators, the radiators take a very long time to warm up, actually its almost impossible to get any heat out of them, the underfloor heating has its own pump and mixer, i was thinking whether the first floor needs a additional pump or do i need to change the ferroli for a powerful Keston C40 or vaillant 637 :mad:, when i switch the underfloor off then whitin a couple of minutes the radiators are piping hot... any advice please:confused:

Hi
need a bit of advice, i have just renovated a house and had a brand new system installed, ground floor is 7 port, 3 zone underfloor heating (pipes in screed) and first floor radiators, Boiler is a Ferroli Optimax 30, and tank is unvented Santon 210, first floor, ground floor heating and water are seperated by a 3 channel programmer, on a very cold day when i run the ground floor underfloor heating and i run the upstairs radiators, the radiators take a very long time to warm up, actually its almost impossible to get any heat out of them, the underfloor heating has its own pump and mixer, i was thinking whether the first floor needs a additional pump or do i need to change the ferroli for a powerful Keston C40 or vaillant 637 :mad:, when i switch the underfloor off then whitin a couple of minutes the radiators are piping hot... any advice please:confused:
try re balanceing everything, restrict the flow to the underfloor heating by turning down one of the valves on the pump. I dont know the ferroli optimax 30 but iam assumeing its 30 kw? unless you live in the o2 arena 30kw will absolutely murder the heating needs on all but the largest houses.

try re balanceing everything, restrict the flow to the underfloor heating by turning down one of the valves on the pump. I dont know the ferroli optimax 30 but iam assumeing its 30 kw? unless you live in the o2 arena 30kw will absolutely murder the heating needs on all but the largest houses.

definatley a flow issue... other way is to time the clock to heat the first floor whilst taking a break on the ground floor. dont want to really change boiler as its gonna attack the wallet at the wrong time of year....

I had the same problem. Turned out the f & r to the mixing valve were connected the wrong way around-changed them and all now fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New System - Underfloor Heating on Ground Floor and Rads on First in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back