Discuss Never stop being suprised in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

heat24seven

Hi all
My wifes not interested so thought i would tell you lot about this . Got called out to a worcester 24cdi hot water problem today , was expecting diaphram etc. Customer says shower is very hot and cold runs out so that rulled out diaphram , I thought they were just not used to combi boilers as had just bought house , bad pressure etc.. Then when I was running shower , a gush of water came out of an overflow onto a flat roof below , turns out whoever fitted the boiler thought it would be a good idea to leave the cold supply to bathroom via the old cold water storage tank , result was tank emptying of cold and backfilling with hot , tank overflowing with hot water ! Capped it all off including expansion now its working like a dream . I wonder what tommorow has for lined up for me !

they cover those type of systems on the fast track courses now.get with the times man.
open -combi-unvented-flat roof sprinkler systems.they are big in kasikstan with years.

Yeah forgot to add , found an empty polish *** packet next to some horseshoe indentations in the tarmac outside !

So were looking for a Polish Fast tracking Horseman,who smokes,are we?
I,ll keep my eyes out for him

thy invented theses systems in kasikstan,mabe the polish guy did the fast track course in kasikstan:D

Tut tut. You will have our Polish contributor complaining again. I saw enough horrors before Polish plumbers ever came here to realise that we have enough comprehensively incompetent home-grown idiots of our own.

Like the time I was called to an installation where the guy had been in bed with his girlfriend and they suddenly found themselves having a cold shower through the ceiling. Just when you thought you'd got it made.......

Some clown had installed the HWC in the loft with an CH F&E-sized cold water tank for storage feeding into the top of the cylinder and with the HW takeoff from the bottom. With inevitable consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Never stop being suprised in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if you could help me. The overflow pipe drips intermittently from the large cold water storage tank in the loft. Not the small F and...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock