Discuss Hi, New person re-training using the apparently hated method of distance learning! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hutchey

Hello folks,

Yes, yet another fast-tracker on here! Sorry!
Fed up of being redundant, no contracts and a long time in my current profession with very long commutes and no family time.
Being 39 this is my only option for getting into something else. Too old for an apprenticeship - if such a thing were even available these days, too old for Uni, no-one wants to take on or can afford to take on a lacky.
So here i am. Looking to get accredited, gain experience and work for someone.
I've been self employed long enough and fed up of the paperwork and lack of people to refer to.
Hope to ask questions and communicate with you soon.
Richard

Re: Hi, New person re-training using the apparently hated method of distance learning

its not too late to get an apprenticeship, its just a bad time. I had about 3 guys in my class who were 40+

Re: Hi, New person re-training using the apparently hated method of distance learning

hi richard welcome along

Welcome mate - I'd keep a look out for some firms that might take you on. Some firms like olders blokes anyway

Hi Dickie!!

Hi Richie and welcome feel free to ask as many questions as you like we are all very friendly just ask away:)regards turnpin

welcome to the forums anyway mate :) its very helpful

Hi Hutchey

Welcome to the forums,hope you find interesting

Hi Hutchey

I fast tracked too and am still learning. Getting a little less worse than I was though! (In fairness to me, most of my customers are through recommendation.)

Best of luck and with the right attitude and a lucky break or two, it's not too difficult. Definitely not easy!

Not the best time to be spending thousands on fast tracking, id think carefully before you do that. I dont know any firms that seem willing to take on ppl with no experience.

welcome my friend, hope it works out for you

just be aware of all the facts, yes check out all the posts, if u wanna know anything just ask

thanks folks.

Yes, yet another fast-tracker on here! Sorry!
Fed up of being redundant, no contracts and a long time in my current profession with very long commutes and no family time.
Being 39 this is my only option for getting into something else. Too old for an apprenticeship - if such a thing were even available these days, too old for Uni, no-one wants to take on or can afford to take on a lacky.
So here i am. Looking to get accredited, gain experience and work for someone.
I've been self employed long enough and fed up of the paperwork and lack of people to refer to.
Hope to ask questions and communicate with you soon.
Richard[/QUOTE]

Hi Hutchey,

I'm new on the forum to and in a similar situation starting a course at ppl in York, aged 36. What course are you thinking of starting, have you started yet, if so how you finding it??????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi, New person re-training using the apparently hated method of distance learning! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, before I start I appreciate I may be on a hiding to nothing here but here goes. I spent time working as a tradesman with my Dad...
Replies
Views
I'm coming on this forum and moderating all posts for a good few weeks, and running searches on old posts. I'm noticing things, and some are being...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
I
Hi everybody, Ive probably read hundreds of posts on this site since i registered and there is definitely a lot of useful info, although ive...
Replies
Views
innertemple
I
S
firstly let me say hello, im a newb here i know there is a post like this below but my circumstances are a bit different. this might be a long...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock