Search the forum,

Discuss Help!! Urgent advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mr mat

I have just purchased a 4 bedroom mid terrace house and am planning to change the existing boiler. The boiler is approximately 10 years old and I maybe eligible for the boiler scrappage scheme.

I need your assistance on how to decide which boiler is suitable for my needs.

I have a large family, three kids and 4 adults with 9 central heaters, one bath, one shower and two toilets. I have been doing some research and I feel that a cylinder boiler would be the most economical and suitable for my family.

I would be extremely grateful for your advice and any advice on the boiler and cylinder that I should buy?

Many thanks

Mat

I would steer away from a Combi and go for a set up as you have described. Systems boiler and unvented cylinder is always good if you have a sufficient mains volume and pressure. With your HW demand you want to be looking at 300litres of storage at least.

As for boiler everyone has theire personal fave but if you go with a Worcester, Vaillant, Viesseman, Remeha you wont go wrong. As for cyclinders theres good prices on albion cylinders in PTS at mo. Most of them half price at mo. Never had problems with them.

It is unlikely that a 10 year old boiler will qualify for the boiler scrappage scheme.

Thanks Buddy!

Just one more thing, do i need a direct or indirect cylinder?

Please see below!

Should i go for?

RM Stelflow Unvented Direct Cylinder 210Ltr - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

or

RM Stelflow Unvented Indirect Cylinder 250Ltr - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mat

I did check whether or not my 9ish year old boiler would qualify but it did not. There are a couple of websites that allow you to check.

Plucky

Can i get a indirect Open Vented boiler or would that not be suitable for me?

Mat

get a heating engineer to come and have a look, there are all sorts of pros and cons and theres no substitute for face to face professional advice.

If you're not intending to use a heating engineer but just want his advice based on a visit and inspection, pay him/her for their time. You may well need them later.

with three kids and 4 adults, are you not fitting solar? It's a no brainer for large demand like yours because it has more opportunity to work its socks off. 60-70% annual saving on your water heating, for seven persons is substantial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help!! Urgent advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock