Search the forum,

Discuss Have I bought right taps? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would I find out if the water pressure is too high? The gauge on front of the boiler is hanging around 1.

Hi badbob,
Just fit a pressure reducing valve sfter the stop tap, that will keep the pressure round about 3 bar on all your outlets. You should have one anyway with a combi.

Plenty of combis running fine without presure reducing valves :confused:.

You don't need to worry about choice of taps, you only need to worry when you have gravity hot water and then you need low presure taps.

Combi's are mains hot & cold so any taps will be fine.

Every combi I've come across recommend a pressure reducing valve, its in the installation Manuel. Pressure can get up to 10 bar overnight in some areas. ÂŁ20 and ten minutes work, easiest solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Have I bought right taps? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever...
Replies
Views
I'm in the process of refurbishing my bathroom. I'll be replacing the existing bath with a walk in shower. Will be installing a thermostatic...
Replies
Views
A
Had a new bathroom fitter, and the sink has these taps on Ideal Standard Tesi 1 lever Chrome effect Deck Mono Mixer Tap. The hot and cold water...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello All, Hoping for a bit of advice/info in this one: My Setup Small system in apartment with cold tank above hot tank in the hotpress, so...
Replies
Views
Situation: Had a boiler system conversion. From Potterton boiler with Gledhill storage tank with on demand hot water to Veissman Combo with on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock