Discuss Electric shower scalding hot due to water volume fluctuations - advice needed. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Manks

Hi All

The scenario: Top floor of a tall 3-storey building we have an electric shower - probably a Galaxy / Designa type thing.

When someone downstairs flushes the toilet or runs a tap the shower becomes scalding hot.

The shower manufacturer says the unit is fine, but the water volume is insufficient. The property has three kitchens and bathrooms. He says the only solution is to fit a second water main. We don't want to do that.

We are looking for a cost-effective solution to the problem.

Any good ideas greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Does the cold water flow from taps on the same floor reduce also if someone downstairs is using cold water? If so, it sounds like the manufacturer is right.
A cost effective solution-make sure nobody runs cold water when you use the shower.

Unfortunately the house is in multiple occupation to the guys upstairs don't know when the taps downstairs are going to be used.

This is one option we have considered Tom.

You think it would still work even though there appears to be a sudden and substantial drop off when a tap is turned on?

thats because it's a triton lol. they're good for what they are which is cheap usable products. prefer mira myself.

Well Steve cheap and usable sounds ideal. This is a rental bedsit. We don't want to scald the tenants but at the same time they are not paying Savoy rents.

Gotcha

So presumably there is such a thing as an electric thermostatic non-pumped unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electric shower scalding hot due to water volume fluctuations - advice needed. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
B
Hello, and thank you for reading. My partner and I have just purchased our first property that came with a dual cylinder electric water heater...
Replies
Views
PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to...
Replies
Views
D
I currently have an 8.5kw electric shower on a gravity fed system in bathroom which doesn't give great flow when hot turned up but to get a 10mm...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock