Discuss Condensing Trianco in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger Welton

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just back from a Trianco E-Star condensing that was leaking POC on the join between the primary and secondary heat exchangers, predictably trianco had knocked off early being a friday, has anyone come across this before and is the seal a serviceable item?

As an aside i can see why there aren't too many of these around, not the best designed bit of kit unless you have tiny hands, possibly even more service engineer unfriendly than the Worcesters!

Yes totally agree.

Seals are a service item and they charge plenty for them!

On the normal baffle covers of the non condensing boilers the seal is some crummy silicone foam thing which only lasts a couple of years. I always replace them with glass rope as its cheaper and better.

Is it easy enough to ge the secondary heat exchanger off to do the job?

I thend to keep that red seal for the eurostars on the van as you say it doesn't seem to last all that long.

I don't know how it went so wrong for trianco, they should have continued to be the major player in the oil market but for letting quality slip so far. I still service quite a few mk1 and 2 TRO's which must be coming on for 40 years old now!

I still have about 2 TROs and they are all tenanted properties where the landlord won't fork out for a replacement. Oil guzzlers, must be about F rated.

I also have a few of the absolute abomination and work of Satan that is the Trianco Centajet. I groan every time someone calls me about one of them.

I don't mind the tro's nice and easy to work on, not so efficient though as you say.

Also have a tso, a harcol and a couple of wallflames, all old dears who won't see their money back if they had to change them.

I have a Myson Velair and a Thorn Panda all old dears as you say. Also an asbestos filled 1950s Powell Duffryn boiler at a local pub which I won't open up to clean out the baffles and the landlord won't replace..

Unfortunately it hasn't lasted, just kept being patched up.

My biggest dinosaur is a 1973 vintage Hoval TKDR35 500,000BTU boiler fitted with two stage modulating NuWay burner, at a country hotel I look after.

I have to put on a disposable overall and climb inside it to service it.

They asked me to quote for replacement but didn't appreciate how much it would be so it's on hold at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condensing Trianco in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hi guys I'm a gas safe engineer and am currently struggling with a breakdown. I was called to the property to fit a new filling loop (remove...
Replies
Views
Kev the gas
K
M
Hi guys, First post. I have a Worcester greenstar junior 26cdi - something like that. Anyway, a few times in this winter and last it has packed...
Replies
Views
brightongoose
B
L
Hi My damn Worcester combi condensing boiler has gone wrong AGAIN!! Last year it was a scaled up heat exchanger that was replaced by British Gas...
Replies
Views
oldplumber
O
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock