Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Green pilot on & off, pressure up and down..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lisadp

Hi
My damn Worcester combi condensing boiler has gone wrong AGAIN!!
Last year it was a scaled up heat exchanger that was replaced by British Gas and in the last few weeks it's been going wrong again (different problem though I think).

What's been happening is the green pilot light goes off after the hot water has been run for a couple of minutes and if you leave the hot tap running it will fire up again a coupe of minutes later. It will do this until you finish using the hot tap.
The pressure gauge up till tonight was in the highest part of the green and as far as I'm aware was staying there, but tonight it had dropped right down to zero and the pilot only lit up for a 10 seconds or so when the hot tap was run and has refused to come back on since, though it does sound like it's trying to fire up.

When B Gas fixed it last year they gave it a complete service etc, but unfortunately due to financial nightmares I had to cancel my boiler cover with them.

I did join EON a couple of weeks ago when it started playing up again, but as they aren't due out till 1st Sept for the initial inspection I'm loathe to call them.

Any ideas what the problem might be?
Sorry no model number of the boiler but it's only 4 years old.

Thanks
Lisa

Sounds like it could be scaled/sludged up again, If they replaced the heat exch' did they recommend or flush the system. If not it's prob samething.

There is no such thing as a pilot on these boilers.

I wouldn't advise u to start messing about with it.

Get in a GSR eng

boiler wont light if sysdtem pressure at zero, refill system to 1,5 bar and it should fire up. could be scaled up if your in a hard water area, if not could be a temp sensor issue and need replacing, call out an engineer and you might get it repaired ok . why bother with bg/eon if your asking independants for advice here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Green pilot on & off, pressure up and down..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock