Search the forum,

Discuss Cold from Mains, Hot Pumped, what valve do I need for my basin mixer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tonymac

I have a mains cold supply and a hot pumped supply that I want to use with a mixer tap in my upstairs family bathroom ( Quatra basin dual lever mixer )

The question I've got is, do I simply need a pressure reducing valve on the cold supply to bring it to the same pressure as the hot, or would an equalising valve give better results? The basin that we're replacing used pumped hot and cold, but I wanted to switch to mains cold for hygene reasons.

The hot water pressure from the pump is reasonably good (can't give figures coz I'm not at home but its strong enough to power a jacuzzi "waterfall" filler that we've got in the master bedroom ensuite).

When I had my bathroom fitted downstairs a couple of years back i'm reasonably sure the plumber fitted an equalising valve to the shower supply (it was thermostatic ev Mira shower) because again the cold feed to the shower was mains but the hot was pumped. The shower down there seems to work well though its not used very often.

Thanks for reading

Tony

Not necessary to do this for the tap. It'll work fine with mains cold and pumped hot. Just need a non-return valve on mains to be in compliance with water regulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cold from Mains, Hot Pumped, what valve do I need for my basin mixer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Can anyone remember the Mira mixer shower that would work down to a really low pressure on a vented hot water system without a shower pump?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock