Discuss Baxi Bermuda Firefront Problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Al-Bert

Hi guys, hope you can help
I have a Baxi back boiler system in my flat. As far as I have been told it is over 20 years old. The central heating runs fine but the firefront is not igniting across all four china grills. The same happened last year so I took the cover off used a small wire toothbrush on the nozzle and thorougly hoovered it all out, this worked great. I have done the same this year and still the central two grills will not glow hot, the flame is present at the base but it will not spread up the china. I have rearranged the china grills to eliminate them as a possible fault. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

yes dont play with gas get an engineer before you kill yourself

It is most important these units are serviced once a year,they take air in from the room and are able to let fumes back into the room if boiler or fire not burning correctly,your fault is probably sticking or blocked gas valve to fire,this can be looked at during service
Get the boiler unit serviced and get a carbon monoxide alarm and site near the unit,not much now from diy or plumbing store

Thanks for all the advice, a gas engineer has just serviced the fire and it was a blocked injector. Cheers all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Bermuda Firefront Problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Air entering central heating system and hot water pumping over into make up tank in artic when h/c control is switched on. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
Hello folks, just fired up the boiler for the winter and booked in a service and i'm having an odd issue, the hot water heats up fine, scalding...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi! I have a 9 year old Baxi combi boiler. When I turn the central heating on, the boiler pressure is getting so high that it keeps cutting out...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I recently had an extension, new bathroom and new en-suite fitted. Prior to the works the hot water worked. Now we have moved...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m having a problem with my Baxi combi boiler and wondering if anyone is able to help. In short, the water isn't heating. A few months...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock