Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Combi Boiler (Duo Tec) - water not heating in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

I’m having a problem with my Baxi combi boiler and wondering if anyone is able to help. In short, the water isn't heating.

A few months ago (c.2 months) my Baxi combi boiler had an issue where the hot water would go hot and cold on a regular cycle; it would get hot, then cool down, then hot etc over a c.30 second period. We used magnaclean on the system and bled the radiators, which seemed to do the trick.

However, in the last couple of days it’s started doing the same, but the cycle was quicker and I think the water was getting colder when it cooled down. Then last night the water stopped heating all together and started displaying a E125 (Primary Water Circulation Fault – solution: Bleed radiators or air) but then pretty quickly changed to E131 (Flue overheat lock out – solution: reset – usually after a power cut).

I turned off the boiler and on again and it stopped the E numbers coming on, and I also bled the radiators. All were fine except one that had a lot of air in it (possibly 10 seconds or so of air before the water came through). This feels strange as they were bled when we had the last issue with the boiler.

Since doing both of those things the water is still behaving in the same way and is not getting warm. Additionally the temperature gauge on the boiler seems to get higher quickly than normally. I’ve never seen it increase in temperature as rapidly as that. Also, I’ve seen it get to 94, but this time it was getting to 99 and even circling round to 00. It gets to that temperature and falls to about 75 and the cycle starts again.

When the water is on and supposed to be heating up the boiler is making a loud clanging sound when trying to heat it. I’m aware it makes noise in normal service, but I’m fairly certain it’s never been as loud or clanging as that in normal operation.

Additionally the pressure seems to be different. We set it as part of the magnaclean process, but it now seems to be of a higher pressure and we are fairly certain there isn’t a valve open, and when the boiler is idle the pressure is up near 3, and we didn’t set it that high.

Current status is water doesn’t get hot, but the heating doesn’t seem to have been affected.

Finally, there was one other isolated incident. Came home from work one day and despite the temperature being set at a reasonable temperature, the boiler had been on all day. However, this has been a one off and has been behaving normally since, so not sure if linked.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to Baxi Combi Boiler (Duo Tec) - water not heating in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock