Discuss Worried i might mess this one up. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guy

A customer just rang me regarding installing a towell radiator. I'm going to look at the job tomorrow to give a quote.

I'm only used to installing regular radiators. I prey to god it's one you can fit straight into the pipe work in the floor. I am not sure how to go about feeding it up the wall without making a mess of it. I'm not a plasterer so won't be able to clean it up afterwards, the customer would have to get a plasterer in. Any ideas how i should go about this? All the property development i have done we always used wall hung radiators and then brought the copper up and straight into a valve/TRV.

Would i have to use a chisel and hammer for the pipe run, if so what sort of depth should i make it?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't understand what the problem is?

i assume that a towel rad is for the bathroom? if so there should be floorboards in which case you can just alter the existing pipework and fit the rad as you describe above.
if its a cloakroom downstairs and the floor is solid the f+r pipework would usually be run along the wall just above the floor and again fitted as above??

as long as you drain the system (remember to open a rad bleed valve to let air in as it drains)
and correctly identify the flow and return pipework i don't see how you could go wrong.

KJ

Kay-jay i think he wants to bury the pipes in the wall behind tiles maybe ...... yes you would need to chisel the wall out deep enough for the pipework with some celafelt on and a metal capping over the front to stop anyone banging any nails in it or trying to drill it , sounds ott but its worth it

Alternatively can you use 10mm pipework and put it in trunking?

A customer just rang me regarding installing a towell radiator. I'm going to look at the job tomorrow to give a quote.

I'm only used to installing regular radiators. I prey to god it's one you can fit straight into the pipe work in the floor. I am not sure how to go about feeding it up the wall without making a mess of it. I'm not a plasterer so won't be able to clean it up afterwards, the customer would have to get a plasterer in. Any ideas how i should go about this? All the property development i have done we always used wall hung radiators and then brought the copper up and straight into a valve/TRV.

Would i have to use a chisel and hammer for the pipe run, if so what sort of depth should i make it?:confused:

this may be too much for you son send the details to me!;)
bob

lift floor and speed bit new holes and bring up chrome pipe easy.
not being cheeky guy just curious but are you a plumber? dont mean to sound as if im having a dig but are you

lift floor and speed bit new holes and bring up chrome pipe easy.
not being cheeky guy just curious but are you a plumber? dont mean to sound as if im having a dig but are you

yes he is he used proper flexys joking m8 LOL:rolleyes:

just do this guy same as in video works a treat lol [video=youtube;EPSMBDQ5XwU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPSMBDQ5XwU[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worried i might mess this one up. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My kitchen radiator is filling with hot water despite my TRV being set to 0. It's blazing at maximum. This goes for the rad when I try two...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'll try to describe my issue as best I can but I've attached a video and linked to some images below that might do a better job of...
Replies
Views
Had a job booked in this morning, renew all rads in the property. Downstairs rads are in solid floor so customer said just change rads and alter...
Replies
Views
Hello! My name is Luke. I am a new joiner to this forum. I have a problem with one of the vertical radiators I installed. It doesn't heat up at...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back