Discuss Why does the pressure in my combi rise by over 1 bar now I have a new pressure vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Why does the pressure in my combi rise by over 1 bar now I have a new pressure ve

the pressure increase you state for the previous exp vessel when it was working.................
well was it? could it not be that it had been developing a slow leak over a long period of time? therefore leading you to believe that the system should normally increase by 0.4bar when in fact if it was completely sealed like the new one may actually have been 1 bar??

KJ

Re: Why does the pressure in my combi rise by over 1 bar now I have a new pressure ve

Hmm!

I would tend to try and sort it out as 2.5 bar is very close to the boiler PRV's usually set blow off pressure.

Thanks to everyone for their input. To answer some questions, make and model are on the original post and to be precise I set the PV to 0.8 Bar which was in line with the original installers guide (no data came with the replacement PV) and was only about 0.5 Bar above the level it was pre charged to.

My central heating system reminds me of the one in my original primary school (1960's) with lovely looking but notoriously inefficient and temperamental 2 column cast iron radiators. Removing all of the air from the system after working on it takes months of dedication, so while I can say that I have bled the system several times now since replacing the PV, it would be reckless for me to claim this could not still be a factor.

I am going to follow the advice to see how it settles while continuing to bleed the radiators on a regular basis and will come back to this post in a months time and let you know where this gets me to.

Cheers.

if air in the system is a problem look at spirotech combination valves wich remove both magnetite and air, or you can just get the air release valve. i saw one in action and it was better than any other standard heating system air release valve

what about checking the basics? your filling loop could be knackered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why does the pressure in my combi rise by over 1 bar now I have a new pressure vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'll pop this into the general advice forum as it seems the most active, but mods - feel free to move if there's somewhere more appropriate. Thank...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to this forum. I hope someone experienced out there can help me find the fix. We recently finished a building project and had a major...
Replies
Views
Hello, Can anybody please advise. For months now our old Ideal Mini HE C24 (combi boiler) has had pressure problems. It won't stay above 1 bar...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm currently in Ireland and in a small cottage where the plumbing system has me scratching my head a bit. When the place was done up...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, About a month ago, I replaced my oil boiler/burner with a used one that is about a year old. All seemed to be well after it was...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock