Search the forum,

Discuss Water Pipes Vibrating Our Floor in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance for your advice...

As the title mentions, my issue is with the water pipes of the house causing the floor to vibrate.

I have singled out the issue to the joists that the floorboards sit on carrying the vibrations throughout the house.

We do not have hot water running through these pipes (cold water only in the pipes) , and the vibrations make sleeping almost impossible as the vibrations go up through the floor into any furniture, including mattresses.

When I feel any accessible water pipes they are gently Vibrating, but I can't seem to find out why the intensity of the vibrations changes randomly throughout the day, and locations in the floor.

I am living in a private flat in a house with 6 other flats.

I would love answers to fix this problem so that the floor no longer vibrates, and I can sleep in peace not being woken up or unable to drop off because of the vibrations.

Any ideas of how to fix this is greatly appreciated, we will have a plumber coming to see the problem payed for by the landlord, and I wanted to get a headstart with any information which may help them.

I am concerned that they might not fix it, as I have read other stories online where people have had multiple plumbers come to view the issue and not be able to fix it.

Thank you
Tabs x

**It is a fairly old house which has been converted in flats, I am on the ground floor

Yes it is all day long Although appears at different parts of the floor in different intensity, the house shares the same plumbing, it is more of a physical feeling than a sound
Hi did you get this problem sorted as we are experiencing the same thing in our house.It's driving us crazy .

Hi did you get this problem sorted as we are experiencing the same thing in our house.It's driving us crazy .
Hi, the problems been ongoing since we moved in. The landlord hasn't done anything to fix it yet, although I'm sceptical a plumber could fix it without tearing the house apart to get to the pipes (that's if they understand the cause of the problem)

We've moved house 4 times in the same area over the last 2 years and had the exact same issue. I think the problem could possibly be linked to the fact they've built 5000 new houses, and the towns plumbing is likely very old and having to deal with all the extra pressure, this is only a guess though.

Reply to Water Pipes Vibrating Our Floor in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have decided to remove the timber floor boards and joists as they are effected by damp and rotting. Was hoping to infill and have slab and screed floor. There is a gas servile pipe under the floor which enters the property below the joists at the front of the house and comes up under the...
Replies
Views
I have a problem with noise and vibrations from my shower when i first turn it on. The problem lasts for about 30 seconds after the shower is switched on before it stops. There is a sink nearby, sometimes if we switch that on slowly before turning on the shower then the shower doesn't make a...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, I have a new unvented system with a horizontal 210L Joule hot water cylinder. The cylinder has been vibrating badly which you can hear throughout the upstairs (it's in the loft). The manufacturers have stated that there is too much flow going into the cylinder, and that the gas...
Replies
Views
I have recently moved into a village house and discovered some mold on the wall behind the kitchen unit and following a closer inspection, I am concerned about the water inlet and its entry point. There is a hole in what I think is the original floor, with some loose rock etc around the water...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock