Search the forum,

Discuss gas service pipe under slab in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have decided to remove the timber floor boards and joists as they are effected by damp and rotting. Was hoping to infill and have slab and screed floor. There is a gas servile pipe under the floor which enters the property below the joists at the front of the house and comes up under the stairs where the meter is located.
My question is, am I allowed to bury this? Pipe would be in the hardcore layer with slab, dpm, insulation and screed above. Pipe is mainly steel with a small section of copper at the end.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

To be honest, burying gas service pipes, especially steel and copper, is not totally recommended without consulting local building codes and a professional first. It may require specific protection or rerouting to ensure safety and compliance.

Reply to gas service pipe under slab in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to you? I suspect that my long ongoing rotting veg/sewage smell is caused by a fault in this connection that has been hidden from previous inspections...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope someone can help me. I'm in England. I would like to know if it's okay to bury copper water pipes under a concrete floor. I've tried to look up the regs but's it's like double dutch to me. The pipes will be wrapped in hessian, overlaid with PIR insulation and then screed. I don't...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Does anyone have any feedback as to which is best. Running the pipe from the outdoor gas meter to a new boiler on an outside wall or run the pipe under the floor (suspended timber) which is our existing setup and the new boiler is being sited in same location as old. I ask just in...
Replies
Views
Where the black polyethelene service line enters this particular structure is by far the most freeze-prone area. The structure is an elevated "mini house" with an insulated, heat-taped plenum taking the poly from below frost line up into the space between floor joists. But, power outages...
Replies
Views
Hi. This is part of a narrow L-section of an upstairs bathroom in a house I'm renovating. The toilet sits here. I forgot to take a pic whilst up there, so I've drawn a diagram. Black = walls Brown = joists Blue = CH pipes (hopefully) - they're already notched in this location but unused. I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock