Discuss Vokera compact 28 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

derrybongo

Hi All

Symptom : boiler locked out

I reset boiler and tried to restart calling for heating
sounds as though the fan is running but no ignition sequence

reset and tried calling for dhw
again sounds as though fan is running but still no ignition

reset again and removed vacuum pipe from fan and applied a bit of suction
to switch. ignition fired but stopped on removing suction

to me it sounded as though the fan is running (unless its just the motor) but on the outside of the fan casing is what loooks like a smaller
fan which isnt moving

are any of you guys familiar with this fan ?
is there known problems with these ?

cheers all

Derry

if fan running sounds like ventura blocked put manometer on fan ventura to test

the external fan is for cooling the motor and should move with the main fan if the shaft isnt moving it ithe fan thats not running check for 240 0n terminals fo confirm its the fan and not a power supply problem

Hi

OK guys cheers i will check the above suggestions

i checked for suction on the port the pipe was on on the fan with some leak sealant and no suction was evident

should both connections have 240v ?

im presuming the whirring noise is the motor

is it a complete change motor/fan assembly
and how bad a job rough price if anyone knows ?

i only had 10 mins look at it for a mate as i had installation job on today

cheers

Derry

like stevetheplumber says check power on fan ,check fused spur voltge,check earth,combi wont ignite without earth

hi guys, is there any easy way to test the pcb? i have been to a boiler today (glow worm 18si) displaying fault code f9, went through all the relevant checks over the phone with the technical advisor. it had almost the exact same symptoms, call for heat - fan pre purges then locks out.

after doing all the checks on the components the advisor said it can only be the pcb. im hoping it is as its a mates boiler and if its not then pcb's are non returnable :eek: urgh

Mate of mine, said he put pcb's in frigid for few hours, dried off then installed. Said it worked a treat nearly every time.

Never done it myself though, suppose I thought it was a bit daft all that condensation could short out all kinds.

I will try that bernie and let you know

Maybe I should get a refridgerated van,also then if it gets quite in the summer,I can park up and sell resister flavoured ice cream :)

Hi! Puddle

Its supposed to work for hard drives as well, but doesn't seem to last long. For the hard drives, they put it in one of those self sealing freezer bags and stick it in the freezing compartment.

Apparently its not a myth. But I don't know, bit dodgy to me. I suppose though if it was the pcb and its damaged or worn out there is no harm in trying it.

The other alternative is to fault find the pcb and get the spares from Maplins or go to one of those pcb reconditing sites. Mind you pcbs don't like heat so I could not imagine a recon being very good after years in a boiler casing.

But then if cash is tight it maybe worth a go. Its just all that mucking about and no real pcb guarantee after it all.

Mind you the merchants don't usually seem to want to swap them anyway, if you get a bad one off them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vokera compact 28 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Evening all First off a big hello from a sparky to all you fellow Plumbers/Gas Engineers out there. I'm not here to say who's better than who...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hoping someone can help. I have a bizarre ignition fault on a Vokera compact 24 (old one not the HE) where the boiler will not fire with...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
A
I have a glow worm compact 100E that shows the gas pressure exactly 2. Sequence of events: 1) I switch on taps for hot water. 2) The "SANITARY...
Replies
Views
A
R
Hi All My son moved today into a house. Boiler is Glow Worm Micron 80ff wall hung mains gas fan flue. 165 sq metre 3-bed bungalow which had a...
Replies
Views
Richard Oppe
R
S
I've just moved into a house with a Glow-worm compact electronic 100e boiler and it's starting to play up. I've had a problem from the start when...
Replies
Views
Puddle
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock