Currently reading:
Glow worm Micron 80ff - lockout

Discuss Glow worm Micron 80ff - lockout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard Oppe

Hi All

My son moved today into a house. Boiler is Glow Worm Micron 80ff wall hung mains gas fan flue. 165 sq metre 3-bed bungalow which had a second storey added in 2003. I believe the 80ff is c.1997 and as PCB is green it is not the original.
Original bungalow has rads with TRVs. Additional second storey has water U/F as does ground floor extension. DHW water heating is megaflow. U/F has 9 thermostats.
House has been empty and unused for 9 months.
Boiler seems very small for task in hand.
The 80 ff ignited without problems after gas was turned on at meter! set all programmers and zone thermostats to "call for" CH and DHW, Micron burner ran for a couple of minutes then lockout with reset green led lit and burner led flahings. Manual reset using thermostat control to zero then back on restarted burner. Sequence continued until burner cuts out with no LEDS lit. Thermostat reset to zero and returned burner lights again.

Thought problem might be air in system but bleeding rads shows no problem.

After a few hours Micron burner cuts out but doesn't restart.

Is there a Micron experienced expert who knows the likely cause? Lots of posts from people with same problem, but few answers. I'm convinced the problem is internal to the boiler because both DHW and CH are calling for heat. Finally in lockout mode the fan isn't running and the boiler appears to be dead.
Thanks in advance and seasons greetings.
Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow worm Micron 80ff - lockout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock