Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Toilet dual flush problem! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johntmanic

Hi people im new to this forum and I know nothing about plumbing so be nice ha ha!

Anyways Im having a problem with my toilet, when it is flushed the seal doesnt seem to go back into position so it continuously lets water flow into the toilet. So I have to physically push the seal back into position and it starts to fill again and obviously its getting annoying.

The toilet is flushed by pressing a button on top of the cistern that has plastic rods that inturn push the white and green button within the cistern. (see pics)

Im thinking that the dual flush mechanismor drop valve I think it may be called? (see the pics with the white and green buttons) needs to be replaced but I havent a clue where to buy them?

IMG00034-20090908-2123.jpg

IMG00035-20090908-2123.jpg

IMG00036-20090908-2124.jpg

The toilet was bought at better bathrooms about 18 months ago and they say they dont sell the toilet I have anymore and dont do any parts. So its up to me to get it sorted.

Any help will be good!

Thanks

John

Hi people im new to this forum and I know nothing about plumbing so be nice ha ha!

Anyways Im having a problem with my toilet, when it is flushed the seal doesnt seem to go back into position so it continuously lets water flow into the toilet. So I have to physically push the seal back into position and it starts to fill again and obviously its getting annoying.

The toilet is flushed by pressing a button on top of the cistern that has plastic rods that inturn push the white and green button within the cistern. (see pics)

Im thinking that the dual flush mechanismor drop valve I think it may be called? (see the pics with the white and green buttons) needs to be replaced but I havent a clue where to buy them?

IMG00034-20090908-2123.jpg

IMG00035-20090908-2123.jpg

IMG00036-20090908-2124.jpg

The toilet was bought at better bathrooms about 18 months ago and they say they dont sell the toilet I have anymore and dont do any parts. So its up to me to get it sorted.

Any help will be good!

Thanks

John

yet another wc innards ive never seen before
even for us experienced plubmers this is a bit of a nightmare every time we lift the lid on a wc we never know what were going to find
all you can do is take it out and tout it round your local mercants till you find something similar
is that a blue loo i see in there? if so get rid of it i hate it with a passion and im sure they cause the plastic to detiriorate

Looks very similar to one of our loos. We got ours from Screwfix if that's any help. As Steve says, best to take the part out and tootle off into town with it.

Hi there, you can replace that part with a universal one from plumb centre, you will need to remove the cistern from the pan to replace and will possibly need a new dougnut washer for it, its quite a simple job if you know what your doing i think you will struggle to find a exact match. If you know the manufacterer you could contact them to supply the part.
have you tried taking that part out it may have some scale or that dreaded blue loo on the washer stopping it from sealing. good luck and let us know how you get on.

Hi there! Thanks for the replies!
What is happening is the drop valve is getting caught on the inside of the tube, so when you dismantle it and put some soap on the seal and scrub the inside face of the tube it drops back into position!
I think I need some sort of lubricant to put on the seal and inside face of the plastic tube! Will something like this do?...
[DLMURL="http://www.blackswanmfg.com/SILICONEGREASE.htm"]Black Swan Manufacturing - Quality Plumbing Products For the Professional[/DLMURL]
or
[DLMURL="http://www.blackswanmfg.com/PLUMBERSGREASE.htm"]Black Swan Manufacturing - Quality Plumbing Products For the Professional[/DLMURL]

I dont know what the difference is between the 2?

Or is there something else you guys can point me to?

Thanks

John

Last edited by a moderator:
i have replaced these

the best one i found was from screwfix

Fluidmaster Push Button Cable Dual Flush Valve - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

and also use this

Fluidmaster Bottom Entry Fill Valve UK ½" - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

on the flush valve it says adaptable from 1.5 inch to 2 inch this is the hole i sits through but when i brought mine i had 2 options to buy but this one says adaptable?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say going by the Original Posters second posting, is that they are in the US

Another thing that points that way is the screw holes in the cistern, (I would change the steel washers, behind the screws, for rubber or plastic ones you can see the rust marks in the china), I have never seen a continental reservoir with screw holes in the top edge for fixing it back to the wall

In the UK the cisterns have screw hold to hold the cistern back to the wall, in France the reservoirs, are only fixed to the pan none that I have seen or fitted have screw holes to fix them back to the wall, in fact I have seen a w/c and reservoir, fitted at least 30cms (1 foot) away from the back wall, makes you remember not to lean back too hard when you are straining away:D

Long Time ago the thread but looks like a fluid master. take it out and replace it best option. and please dont put the blue dye nice smelly thing in the cistern, they will trash the sealing ring on the drop valve and as all plumbers will agree when you have to drain the cistern the blue dye goes every where, ( just ask one of my customers who wantted to help by emptying the water from the cistern on his roses in the garden, Found a new strain of plant after that. Call Alan Titchmarsh !!!! )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet dual flush problem! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock