Search the forum,

Discuss Stinky Macerator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crust677

Hi I have a macerator in my en-suite which the shower and sink are also connected to. When either the sink or the shower are running the smell is unbelivable!!!!!!!!! but there is no smell when yo flush the toilet. I have tried increasing the amount of water the the toilet flushes with, this has helped a bit. I have tried endless bottles of bleach and disenfactant.
I have cleaned the whole unit out a couple of times, is it usual that the whole inside is covered with you know what? I have had to scoop out handfulls. I would appreciate any help.

i dont think its usual to have that kind of build up in the macerator...all blockage and discharge pipework should be to the manufactuers specification..sounds silly but could double check that..is the external vent blocked causing it not to empty properly?..i dont know if that will be any help to ya mate

have you got 2 45 degrees instead of one 90 for corners, no it shouldnt be clogged up with poo unless its getting blocked and one of the most common problems we get it is badly installed pipework

You can download the pdf instructions of correct pipework if it's a saniflow and check all the sizes and angles are correct , for example only some can have 22mm outlet etc.

the macerator dischare pipework will be incorrect - discharging at velocity into a stack somewhere, trace the pipework and you will find it joined to the shower waste - before entering the stack, probably with a trap beforehand. the trap will be incorrect (the velocity of the macerator discharge will be emptying the trap)

Migo, whats the solution? a bigger shower trap and/or pipework alteration?

Not a bigger trap though an anti syphon trap, hepv0 do them. Try that first as it will prevent induced syphonage.

ive just done one of these and conviced the customer to throw it away and let me pipe it to the mains properly they had a bloke who installed it new come out an fix it twice at a cost of 600 each time but hed piped it up wrong in the first place. althoe i had to cut through 9" concrete to get it to the outside and in to the manhole but i think it was well worth the hassle as was in a rented house and the landlord didnt want anymore hassle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stinky Macerator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock