Discuss Still pumping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rusty

I've got a strange one to go to tomorrow, oil fired Thermecon system boiler, 2x 2 port wet side, circulation pump won't stop, i've turned the programmer off, tried disconnecting the room stat, still keeps running, any idea's what the problem is? Thanks :confused:

I've got a strange one to go to tomorrow, oil fired Thermecon system boiler, 2x 2 port wet side, circulation pump won't stop, i've turned the programmer off, tried disconnecting the room stat, still keeps running, any idea's what the problem is? Thanks :confused:
you just have to work your way back from the pump with a tester to find where its feeding from

I recently had a similar problem and the system was wired incorrectly. It was S plan and a link had been left in place between the switch live feed TO the boiler and the pump overun feed FROM the boiler, so once the boiler was switched on by the programmer you had a "circle" which could only be stopped by switching everything off at the spur. Simple fix once I spotted it.

Sounds like the wiring to me too.

The following might help ...

I called electrician to my last problem and although I didn't watch him do the last bit, I over heard him talking to his boss and them talking about wiring the pump to continue for a little while after the boiler had finished calling for heat so that water could be sent around the pipes rather than risking triggering the boiler's high limit stat. Not sure if this is relevant to your problem, but there might be a clue for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Still pumping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an oil heating system, and also I have an open coal fire , the coal fire also heats the water through a back boiler and a neutralising tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Hi guys, we moved into a place last Dec with an old Grant Euroflame oil boiler with 4 pipes, one set with a Grundfos pump on it and the other set...
Replies
Views
Sam Grocock
S
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
AFAIK the boiler is set to fully pumped. (The switch inside is on fully pumped), however the pump is only running while the boiler burner is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock