Search the forum,

Discuss Fully pumped CH systems? Potterton Profile 80e conventional boiler. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

AFAIK the boiler is set to fully pumped. (The switch inside is on fully pumped), however the pump is only running while the boiler burner is actually lit.

My understanding is that a fully pumped system should have the pump running for a while after the burner goes off to circulate the heated water around.

Looking at the boiler diagrams, there is a pump over run thermostat that is used when set for fully pumped, which keeps the pump running until the heat exchanger temp drops below 80c.

This stat is fed from a terminal marked Switched Live. On this installation, the Switched Live terminal goes up to the main terminal box but is not connected to anything! I assume it's supposed to go to a room stat or something?

The manual says to connect it to permenant live if there is no 'external control' fitted.

Is there any reason why this would not have been wired up? Should the pump actually run for a period after the burner shuts off?

The rads take a while to warm up and if the HW or UFH circuits are off, they take forever to warm up. I am thinking that this is because the pump isn't over running.
BOILER cicuit.jpg
BOILER cicuit.jpg
BOILER cicuit.jpg

Reply to Fully pumped CH systems? Potterton Profile 80e conventional boiler. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock