Search the forum,

Discuss Oil Central Heating Switch in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have an oil heating system, and also I have an open coal fire , the coal fire also heats the water through a back boiler and a neutralising tank , when the coal fire is on the water starts boiling, the only way i can stop it is to put the oil central heating on to circulate the water, is their any way i can run the circulating pump without having to put the boiler on. Could i fit an override switch so that I can turn the circulating pump on when the water starts boiling, is their any problems in doing this?

Reply to Oil Central Heating Switch in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi We have a vented oil-fired heating system with a coal fire back boiler, this is going to be changed to a sealed pressurized system tomorrow and I believe, they are decommissioning the back boiler. I have only discovered today there is no access to the water jacket, so will it be good enough...
Replies
Views
when I removed the back coal saver I can now see the mental back boiler. I could not see the back boiler when I put the coal saver in place last year . Do I recover the metal back boiler in fire cement or is their something better. The fire cement at the bottom of the photo is where I block...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock