Discuss Some people!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
call her back and say that you can do it next day saturday morning ! and you will charge her £50.00 and then ring again friday about 8pm just to confirm next days work and say see you in the morning at 7;30-am ! put the phone dawn and go enjoy your self ! when she call to ask you were are you , just say you are sorry and you have forgotten !then re schedule for sunday morning ! when she call asking where are you you just say how sorry you are and then reschedule for next day !
then let as know much she can take of it !!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

problem is there are still poncy illegal fitters out there banging these boilers in
latest edition of gas engineer all the time they only get a 1000.00 fine and a smack on the bottom this will carry on
if you do illegal gas work lets have a min fine of 5000.00 :mad:

why not jail for repeat offenders and i dont just mean 3 months. If you dont know what you are doing and you are installing gas appliances then you have no care for others,
If you got caught carrying a knife twice then you would get 2 years so why not 2 years if you leave an ID installation a couple of times and are not registered?
I read in that gas mag they post through your door that the illegal fitter got fined less than it would have cost him to get qualified in the first place so technically he wins.

call her back and say that you can do it next day saturday morning ! and you will charge her £50.00 and then ring again friday about 8pm justhah to confirm next days work and say see you in the morning at 7;30-am ! put the phone dawn and go enjoy your self ! when she call to ask you were are you , just say you are sorry and you have forgotten !then re schedule for sunday morning ! when she call asking where are you you just say how sorry you are and then reschedule for next day !
then let as know much she can take of it !!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
haha this guys a genius

You are also undercut by the part timers !! Firemen . shiftworkers etc who get gas safe registered and do jobs for beer and holiday money on their days off . They dont need to make a living its fun money ! Gas safe just take the money from whoever they dont care , so that £350 quote might well be from a bonafide hobby installer

had the same thing a gas asfe registered engineer quoted£250 for a combi- combi change over,my opinion is that he is selling him self short and doing the industry no favours,i think in the current climate people are desperate for work and quoteing under pressure to guarantee the work.what can you do!

desperation is a terrible thing in this current economic climate,what can you do when you have to put food on the table and pay the rent/ mortgage. so for people are who struggling you have my sympathy i was struggling last jan 2010. but you have to reinvent yourself when this happens. When your self employed your also a business man aswell as a tradesmen. there are so many things you can do gain business a lot with very little cost. at the moment work is very comfortable plenty of enquiries coming in. i also think when people are trying to batter you on price this is when your customer service skills come in to play. i have got so many jobs even when i'm not the cheapest just because of the way i treat a customer. it's a skill just just as important as your plumbing/gas skills and must be worked at all the time. remember no one shouts from the roof tops when you get it right but they certainly do when you get it wrong.
maybe a thread could be started regarding how to get customers and keep them i've seen loads of little bits of info around here having a dedicated thread similar to the plumbing tips might be a good idea.

gone off topic there a bit sorry

i usually just say to them "yep sure i can reduce my price , where would you like me to save the cost, on the quality of the workmanship or the quality of the materials i use"

its amazing how many it leaves with there jaws dropped its even better when they say ok thanks when can you do it.

you pay peanuts you get monkeys

Should bring in the law they have in Ireland. Illegal work can bring a 15k fine and/or a two year stretch in the nick

we must have a AGREEMENT TO HAVE MINIMUM CHARGED ON ALL WORK,just like minimum wage thing !!! who can we contact can we not make a agenda our selves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Some people!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All. I have an issue with a boiler in a small flat I purchased that has very old vented system boiler currently fitted. Both boiler and water...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Okay. Long storey but, I'll try & keep it as short as possible. We are buying a house that is in a little rural village so no gas. A guy...
Replies
Views
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in...
Replies
Views
I'm hoping for a bit of advice. We are in the process of renovating an old house and as part of that work we are upgrading the old 1980s boiler...
Replies
Views
I'm coming on this forum and moderating all posts for a good few weeks, and running searches on old posts. I'm noticing things, and some are being...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock