Discuss Sneaky leaky in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spudhater

Called back to a first fix in did tother day, took up tiled floor/ply the previous person who had laid the floor had nailed into a heating pipe, but it had obviously sealed it self..

Showed up on Sunday morning on the kitchen floor drip,drip,drip..:(

Customer was ok about it..:D

Fancy laying pipe were the floor fitter requires to install the nails to secure the said floor,I always get the floor layer to mark the floor were all his precision nails have to be fitted then lay my pipes under the floor like a wave,around these points,use about four more bundles (think thats how underfloor heating came about)but hey the floor layer is happy,thats what counts!!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. Let that be a lesson. Always take a few rusty nails with you on these sort of call outs, just in case its a joint. Good Luck

And if it's plastic pipe, take a rasp and a few mice droppings to leave lying about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sneaky leaky in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Got an underfloor heating to install and Ive done a few repairs on manifolds etc but this is the first design and install for me. Advice and tip...
Replies
Views
We have had a long term problem with damp in our bungalow which exacerbated when we changed from the use of a system boiler (with pressure only...
Replies
Views
Hi there Hoping for some advice on a plumbing issue. Bit of background - currently I am not using my gas central heating system. The system is 20+...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I have a Kingspan Tribune XE (TXN210) indirect unvented cylinder in my property (installed in 2020, in a new build property) and I...
Replies
Views
This maybe isn't so much about asking for advice as giving it 🤔 I had a leaking HW cylinder (23 years old) that I got fed up patching up with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock