Search the forum,

Discuss Sneaky leaky in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spudhater

Called back to a first fix in did tother day, took up tiled floor/ply the previous person who had laid the floor had nailed into a heating pipe, but it had obviously sealed it self..

Showed up on Sunday morning on the kitchen floor drip,drip,drip..:(

Customer was ok about it..:D

Fancy laying pipe were the floor fitter requires to install the nails to secure the said floor,I always get the floor layer to mark the floor were all his precision nails have to be fitted then lay my pipes under the floor like a wave,around these points,use about four more bundles (think thats how underfloor heating came about)but hey the floor layer is happy,thats what counts!!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. Let that be a lesson. Always take a few rusty nails with you on these sort of call outs, just in case its a joint. Good Luck

And if it's plastic pipe, take a rasp and a few mice droppings to leave lying about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sneaky leaky in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock