Search the forum,

Discuss shower pump advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Werth

Hi,

I just need some advice regarding a shower pump I am thinking of getting fitted. It will need to be a negative head pump as my shower will be in the loft. Does the cold feed for the pump need its own supply? As the tank is on the opposite side of the house and the floor is laminated etc, or could I tee off the cold feed to the cylinder? My only concern is if the cylinder would be starved of the cold refilling, causing air locks.
On the hot side of things, can I just tee off the hot soon as it exits the cylinder, or would I use a surrey flange?

thanks.

Its going to be really quite difficult to estimate this. Other factors are going to have to be calculated like is some going to be brushing their teeth while you are in the shower. Only so much water can pass through the 15mm pipe that comes from the main! It would probably be better to have a cold water header tank for the shower? That way you have a reserve of water. That said then your cold feed is trying to fill 2 tanks instead of one! Depending on the temperature of the hot water in your cylinder a little bit of cold water can go a long way. If its not too hot then hardly any cold water will be used during showering as you wont need to cool the shower water hardly at all!

A surrey flange is a good idea and should stop the need for a shower header tank!

Hi it needs it's own hot and cold supply but always read the instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to shower pump advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar. Connect to this is a 1.5 bar Ora Salamander pump for a positive head, this was connected by a plumber of course and we’ve had it all rigged up...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
I need to change my shower mixer and I have a unvented hot water cylinder. Is it sufficient to turn off the mains? Do I need to drain the cylinder? Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock