Discuss should government make it law to be qualified plumber to do plumbing work for money? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: should government make it law to be qualified plumber to do plumbing work for mon

At my local college the students get a choice for Nvq 3 ACS, Oftec or a renewable course (solar. Unvented and Hetas)

This was for the next year course. I was at collage looking to take on an apprentice.

Eco

Re: should government make it law to be qualified plumber to do plumbing work for mon

its still an option tamz, most employers dont want their trainees learning it, theyd rather them learn more relevant stuff, hence it being semi dropped

The collages have been shte at teaching it for years anyway as most of the tutors don't know more than the basics.
It is still a good string to your bow and any lads i've had, i've taught them whether they need it or not. Once you learn the right (and easy) ways to work it you can always do it with a little practice again. Good money to be made at it too, if you are good.

Last edited by a moderator:

its still an option tamz, most employers dont want their trainees learning it, theyd rather them learn more relevant stuff, hence it being semi dropped
Sorry I meant they are letting people choose which course they do, where are you getting this info from as I have looked for weeks to find information out and none of the courses I looked at said ACS training was part of the nvq

Fuzzy is a black belt in training course info;)

yes I know that is true and also even if qualified in new zealand you have to apply to there plumbing board every year to be a registered plumber.
I bet the standard of work in these countries will be miles ahead of over here (not counting our own guys who do the job correct)
I am not joking here I recently got sent to a job that the cowboy plumber done an outside tap off of the hot pipe and when customer complained he told her to turn her combi boiler off if using the outside tap and the water would be cold :)
This is the type of example I am talking about lol

i can see that being a prob to be honest, as "tradesmen" wont want to pay to do their work

Your quite right. Strayed from topic. Answer: No. Goverment are not interested because it does not effect safey, with exception of UVHW. As a qualified plumber I would say yes, because I spent 5 years of hard work and college to become qualified as a plumber.

are you some sort of tutor, this post is wether they should police none qualified plumbers or not, not training, i dont know where you are getting all this information from

ive posted links to were im getting info from, ie C&G's. It isnt restricted or anything, thought people who are looking to educate and train therselves would have investigated this, or when they look into it do they mean they just phone centres and ask them? They can tell you want you want to hear if your not careful

ive posted links to were im getting info from, ie C&G's. It isnt restricted or anything, thought people who are looking to educate and train therselves would have investigated this, or when they look into it do they mean they just phone centres and ask them? They can tell you want you want to hear if your not careful

I spent weeks looking on city and guilds website, the forums and on google, i spoke to the college and spoke to several different companies regarding the training but most only offer half the training and not all the courses, there is no definitive route, it is all down to what you want to do, if you want to only do gas then you can only qualify for gas, if you only want to do cookers then you can do cookers, if you want to be a building engineer rather then a plumber then you can do that, but can you tell me in your opinion what i should do if i want to become a compitent plumber and gas engineer. in other words i want to do plumbing, i.e. bathrooms and heating and gas work, i.e. installing boilers.

When i looked recently (about 2 months ago) there was no news about the new qualifications to be rolled out this year, and when i spoke to my tutor he said they still did not know themselves or wether this would be goverment funded, which was around 5 months ago, if you have a link to the new training and the new qualifications please let me know as i would be intreaged to know exactly what is changing.

[DLMURL="http://www.cityandguilds.com/60996.html"]Diplomas in Plumbing and Domestic Heating (6189)[/DLMURL]

open to everyone, not classified information mate, surely its very easy for anyone to find, quick google search and its there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to should government make it law to be qualified plumber to do plumbing work for money? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I really hope you can help me. I'm 26 now and live in London, I've been doing a bit of career hopping since leaving school at 16 in...
Replies
Views
I am a DIYer that is looking to address piping under my en-suite floor, whilst I am undertaking a major re-ferb of the room. With reference to the...
Replies
Views
My mother has a rented-out property at the above postcode. She's lives abroad and is stuck, and I am in a similar situation. Existing boiler is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock