Discuss should government make it law to be qualified plumber to do plumbing work for money? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: should government make it law to be qualified plumber to do plumbing work for mon

ok, well i did the renewable energy route as this was what my college was offering and i did not have the money for the ACS training, but i will do once i can afford. this is not part of the NVQ3 in my college if i went the gas route i would of had to pay for the ACS to be done seperately. is it different for you?

Re: should government make it law to be qualified plumber to do plumbing work for mon

you shouldnt have to pay seperately as it is part of the gas option nvq3 6089 course. If your college offered an alternative option then fine, i thought there were only two gas or oil, hadnt heard of a renewable one, what did you cover? (thought it would only be available on the new diploma 6189)

covers the air source and ground source pumps and the solar panels. been told that colleges are getting rid of lead and some other parts and they will be teaching renewables in NVQ 2 and 3 from september. its suppose to be the thing of the future??? will only be time before this is policed and whilst on the point they are policing air conditioning engineers early next year. so i reacon it will only be time before plumbers are policed.

the question is, how strict are the current policing systems, taxis, gas engineers and electricians. people are still getting blown up from gas explosions so when will they see sense and police it properly

colleges wont be getting rid of anything, they can only run the courses that summitskills design, there will be no tech cert or nvq at level 2 or 3 in a few months, only a diploma that requires you to work. 3 options, gas, oil or renewable, you do one not all 3. falls short i believe, it should include a minimum of renewables but no its an option!
yes lead is going to be an option aswell.

ive never heard of the current nvq having a renewable option, did you not sign an appendix A form?

When the so called renawables have been renewed and long forgotten about the lead will still be there and need skilled men to work it.

colleges wont be getting rid of anything, they can only run the courses that summitskills design, there will be no tech cert or nvq at level 2 or 3 in a few months, only a diploma that requires you to work. 3 options, gas, oil or renewable, you do one not all 3. falls short i believe, it should include a minimum of renewables but no its an option!
yes lead is going to be an option aswell.

ive never heard of the current nvq having a renewable option, did you not sign an appendix A form?

are you some sort of tutor, this post is wether they should police none qualified plumbers or not, not training, i dont know where you are getting all this information from

Last edited by a moderator:

its still an option tamz, most employers dont want their trainees learning it, theyd rather them learn more relevant stuff, hence it being semi dropped

Does NVQ stand for "Not Very Qualified"? I love the Eye Spy in the gas mags. This sort of work keeps me in a job.

are you some sort of tutor, this post is wether they should police none qualified plumbers or not, not training,

as is often the case we can go off topic, your right we should aim to get back on topic and leave this to more relevant threads. im no tutor, i just very pro learning and education, my wifes a teacher! i find alot of people do not know enough about the quals available and i like to inform people of what is going on, not trying to be smart but just help people

Last edited by a moderator:

qualifications used to be the recognised standard for policing the industry why do we need another 'tier'? obviously something wrong with our system if we need this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to should government make it law to be qualified plumber to do plumbing work for money? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I really hope you can help me. I'm 26 now and live in London, I've been doing a bit of career hopping since leaving school at 16 in...
Replies
Views
I am a DIYer that is looking to address piping under my en-suite floor, whilst I am undertaking a major re-ferb of the room. With reference to the...
Replies
Views
My mother has a rented-out property at the above postcode. She's lives abroad and is stuck, and I am in a similar situation. Existing boiler is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock