Discuss should government make it law to be qualified plumber to do plumbing work for money? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: should government make it law to be qualified plumber to do plumbing work for mon

I think the numerous plumbing bodies out there could do more to highlight the dangerous of using cowboy plumbers by the use of adverts in magazines etc.

In Scotland and Northern Ireland this body SNIPEF Home - Scottish and Northern Ireland Plumbing Employers Federation (as have the other bodies in England and Wales), have been lobbying government for years to try to get some kind of compulsory licencing scheme.
They are not interested although the Scottish government are listening a bit. We'll see.

At the moment they do run a licencing scheme and it does impress some people and open some doors if you are licenced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: should government make it law to be qualified plumber to do plumbing work for mon

There is the hackney carriage they give people the licences, then you as an employer have to ensure that you have all the paperwork for each employee, including driving license, tax, mot, insurance and a valid hackney license which i believe gets renewed every year or two. also the taxi company must write down every single job taken, if any of these are missing then there is a £1000 fine per item missing. So put simply the employer is held responsible.

You just have your iris scanned with the customers mobile phone which has a app to connect and check it at the national plumbing and vicuallers data base

so i need a taxi now?

NO-unless there is access to training/courses for anyone regardless of age or funds. The closed shop scenario or exclusions because of.....is unacceptable. Oh and get ready to pay huge fees to the governing body.

are we talikng about the same NVQ here, i am talking about the 6089 level 3

I dont have an NVQ!

[DLMURL]http://www.cityandguilds.com/documents/ind_construction_plumbing/6089_Candidate_workplace_evidence_record_(Level_3).pdf[/DLMURL]

page 10 mate

are we talikng about the same NVQ here, i am talking about the 6089 level 3

the 6089 level 3 is the nvq???

[DLMURL]http://www.cityandguilds.com/documents/ind_construction_plumbing/6089_Scheme-Handbook.pdf[/DLMURL]

and this one page 20, probably explains it better, this ok now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to should government make it law to be qualified plumber to do plumbing work for money? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I really hope you can help me. I'm 26 now and live in London, I've been doing a bit of career hopping since leaving school at 16 in...
Replies
Views
I am a DIYer that is looking to address piping under my en-suite floor, whilst I am undertaking a major re-ferb of the room. With reference to the...
Replies
Views
My mother has a rented-out property at the above postcode. She's lives abroad and is stuck, and I am in a similar situation. Existing boiler is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock