Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Powermax HE - Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Neil Burke

Hope someone can help as this is doing my head in:mad2:

We have a Potterton Powermax HE that despite having the heating turned off and the thermostat set to the lowest setting still heats the radiators as though its -10c outside! Throughout the pressure is unchanged at 1.7

Is there a cheap easy short term fix to isolate the heating (according to the instruction manual there is but doesnt say what) or any ideas on what the long term solution is & could cost?

Thank you from a tropical north Derbyshire :sweatdrop::sweatdrop:

Neil

It involves employing a Gas safe engineer. Unfortunately the forum rules won't allow the members to give advise on gas appliances to members of the public . It's simple and straightforward to fix tho .

Thanks not asking how but if there is a short term fix? Also poss cost on a long term fix. Done bits in the past re water etc but know not to get involved where boilers & Gas are concerned

No short term fix. Recently bought part for required fix - not cheap. Would Allow for around ÂŁ350 for fix.

Sorry . Oh gosh, defo job for a gsr

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Powermax HE - Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a Worcester system boiler, an unvented HWC and mains water pressure to the house. I paid ÂŁ420 to fix issues we have with our heating system but the overall problem remains. The guy is now saying the only solution is a new boiler and he may be right. I couldn't find fault with the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all I’m having a problem with my Baxi combi boiler and wondering if anyone is able to help. In short, the water isn't heating. A few months ago (c.2 months) my Baxi combi boiler had an issue where the hot water would go hot and cold on a regular cycle; it would get hot, then cool down, then...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I 'think' I've found a cheap solution to fulfilling all of my family's heat automation needs using Terrier i30 TRVs (eTRVs that have a timer, but no way of calling the boiler for heat). However, it seems too good to be true. Therefore, I wondered if I could run it by some of you...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Good day all, I would like to get some advise and perhaps the solution to the issues with my UFH system. We did install UFH in an entire house and got rid of all radiators. The system is 14 port manifold (only 12 are in use) feeding 7 zones. Total room area is 97 m2, with the biggest zone...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone This is my first post here and I hope to hear from some of the experienced plumbers or anyone else in general that has had an issue with plumbing. In October 2018 a plumber came to install full central heating and a unventes cylinder which was zoned to two floors (Basement and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock