Search the forum,

Discuss Erratic Heating Issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

We have a Worcester system boiler, an unvented HWC and mains water pressure to the house.

I paid £420 to fix issues we have with our heating system but the overall problem remains. The guy is now saying the only solution is a new boiler and he may be right. I couldn't find fault with the initial work the guy said needed doing because I could see the logic of what he was saying. He changed the boiler pressure tank & relief valve plus a pressure control valve in the HWC cupboard. I'm just not convinced he's considering other things like the heating controls. What has changed since he did the work is that the EA code no longer displays regularly.

The remaining problem we have is that the boiler only fires up and provides heated water intermittently, both taps and rads, despite the programmer being set to its usual times. When the boiler comes on seems to be random. I wondered about the connection of the room thermostat to the BDR91 relay so went through the rebinding process but that didn't improve matters. I do notice that the heating demand symbol (flame) on our TD90 stat seems to be on all the time regardless of heating cycle or room temperature. I've just take a photo if it (attached). The heating demand flame is showing but this is not in a heating period. I've checked and the radiator setting on the programmer is not inadvertently on. Just as I was about to take the snap I saw the RF signal flash on the screen confirming the stat is asking for the boiler. Of course all of this is beyond my ken...
Sorry, for the long post.

Attachments

• TD90.jpeg
    TD90.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 6
I think the flame would be visible if the temperature request is above the set point, eg, the room temperature is say 16 degrees, but the demand request is 21 degrees.

As for the other issues, can you confirm what motorised valves you have? If unsure, post photo.

Reply to Erratic Heating Issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am looking into a new Main eco compact / Baxi 618 system boiler set up for PDHW (if its possible) I was hoping to use the EPH controls priority hot water pack I currently have a 15year old HWC around 900mm tall by 450mm dia would I benefit from a new fast recovery HWC for the system (I...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
Baxi 600 central heating is set at minimum the radiator symbol on the boiler is flashing. (asking for heat .fan is still running ) this is like this all day is this correct before I call out engineer there are no other controls ie time lock or room stat on system
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock