Search the forum,

Discuss moving gravity fed hot water cylinder into attic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mark_mc

pricing a job for moving a cylinder into an attic for a builder and they want to keep the old cylinder its a bit mad, i would as a plumber want to install a mains cylinder.

now i just a a question what is the min distance between the cold water storage tank and the top of the hot water cylinder

Hi. Providing the cold feed to the cylinder is larger than usual, say 32 mm or 28 mm the jobs a good one.

pricing a job for moving a cylinder into an attic for a builder and they want to keep the old cylinder its a bit mad, i would as a plumber want to install a mains cylinder.

now i just a a question what is the min distance between the cold water storage tank and the top of the hot water cylinder

I would have thought if you move the cylinder to the loft area then it becomes a "new" install so would need to meet the regs regarding a new cylinder, if the cylinder is a few years old then it probably doesn't comply so you would need a new one anyway. When you take the old cylinder out you could have a spanner slip and crack the bottom out of the cylinder.

i know, thinking of just saying the cylinder is done.

i just think its mad as to build the stands for the tanks higher and all thats a full day for a joiner and a lot of wood and expense, i have to get a coffin tank to get the height also, if it was me i would install a pressurised cylinder and only raise the f+e tank.

priced a cylinder the cheapest i could source was a albion heatsave 150 indirect for around 480 inc vat and considering a coffin tank is around 150 and the new pipework and fittngs i would go with the mains cylinder. its only 15mm mains but have the required working pressure and working flow rate.

some people are ÂŁ foolish and penny wise i guess

On the min. distance between the CWSC and the top of the hot water cylinder--well, I may be dead wrong, but I think there is no regulation on this. So your cold feed pipe can be any length at all, so long as it has a the required valve on it. Again, I may not be correct here.

On the min. distance between the CWSC and the top of the hot water cylinder--well, I may be dead wrong, but I think there is no regulation on this. So your cold feed pipe can be any length at all, so long as it has a the required valve on it. Again, I may not be correct here.

the only thing that matters is that the CWSC is above the cylinder, the pressure at the taps is determined by the height difference between the water level in the tank and the tap

the only thing that matters is that the CWSC is above the cylinder, the pressure at the taps is determined by the height difference between the water level in the tank and the tap

true, some people dont get this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to moving gravity fed hot water cylinder into attic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock