Discuss Is my new boiler any good? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm old school so don't like plastic, otherwise it's a neat install (sorry to disagree Toddyplumb but I can't see a problem with the pipestat on a plastic pipe, I'm pretty sure it'll sense the temp rise and overide the frost stat as intended)

stat wont work on plastic pipe as there is very little heatloss trough it,but i agree plastic looks terrible in sight ,copper is the best

stat wont work on plastic pipe as there is very little heatloss trough it,but i agree plastic looks terrible in sight ,copper is the best

I have the greatest of respect for you gas man and regularly learn from you but alas on this one we'll have to agree to disagree, I'm sure that the stat will respond slower on plastic than copper but I'm still sure it will sense a temp rise otherwise why would we ever lag plastic pipes?

good point, thank-you for your respect,i dont think it would react as fast as copper do you know this boiler shorticus? seems very basic

good point, thank-you for your respect,i dont think it would react as fast as copper do you know this boiler shorticus? seems very basic

Not one that I've had any dealings with, seems people quite like them though so may have to do some research

Regarding the pipe stat yes it is of debate but the install and boiler is not

I don`t like plastic either but the install and boiler are fine

so mostly thumbs up:rolleyes: I have spoke to the installer about the plastic pipe. he said the benefit of using plastic pipe was that he could use it in long lengths with out joints? each joint is a weak point and better flow. also the stat is just an belt and braces thing. the boiler got one inside it?

the drain goes back inside the house, told us it was better that way because it will not going to freezes up

also there is something i am a bit confused about. he put an "outside sensor" on the boiler? he told be it turns up the heating the colder it gets and back again when its only chilly. it sounded like a good idea but never heard of it before.

anyway he is coming back soon to lag it all. so i am very happy:D

My apologies, Manly Man. I mis-read your motives when you posted. Great to hear about a happy customer though. Admittedly not rare but on the internet you read about so many unhappy experiences.

i think you've got yourself a pretty good installer.
The plastic pipe issue is a personal thing, as I said I'm old school, that doesn't make me right, I just prefer copper.
Your boiler contains a frost stat, if your garage drops below 4 degrees or so it'll fire it up to stop everything from freezing, now your garage is not heated so the system will carry on heating because the frost stat says so, your pipe stat says these pipes are hot and overides the frost stat thereby saving fuel.
The external stat gives an extra level of modulation and will give a tweak based upon the outside environment.
Keep his number, sounds like you've found yourself a savvy plumber.

If your confused about anything, just ask your installer again, seems your looking for problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is my new boiler any good? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock